Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow that's really expensive even for a 37in tire. Someone probably messed up in a bulk order or shipment and the cost up front to fix is a lot. Probably trying to play it off and hoping no one catches it.

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Booo. Hissss. They have the price of the SST Pros in 37x13.50R18 at $258 (member price) again. Seems like a bait and switch.

1706547479822.png

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well. All I can say is they at least honor what they said they would do. Took longer than I wanted, but in the end they acknowledged the mistake and did a full refund, even the mounted tire. Covered shipping both ways and it's what I would have expected. So there's that.

For the bad, I don't think they're legitimately selling these as advertised. My first preference was to have the tires replaced with the correct rated tires. They said they would check the warehouse and if they were there they'd ship before refunding. I was told they do not have them. Yet the website is showing 10+ in stock, and a similar price to what I paid once again.

I'll be using a closer to home vendor on the next set I buy. What that's going to look like, I don't know yet. Anyway here's to an interest free loan to a corporation for near three weeks....

1706620129767.png

patzzoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks sweet. What did you end up going with?

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks sweet. What did you end up going with?

Thanks. I went with Black Rhino Chase 18x9.5 0 offset with Radar Renegade R/T's in 37x13.5R18. Mopar TP sensors in all five wheels and my system is working again. However I need to set the pressures lower in the Body Computer. I'm down to 31 in the front and 30 in the rear to have a decent contact patch almost edge to edge. I thought maybe they were a crowned tire, but no just too much pressure.

Chalk test is how I arrived at my setting. Should have done that with my Yokohamas. Perhaps they would have lasted longer. With them off the truck there's a noticeable wear pattern dead center in each one with lots of life left on the shoulders.

40K mile warranty and a year of free road hazard from the manufacturer. We'll see how they go. Took alot to balance. Interestingly the weights are all on the opposite side of valve stem. But based on what I know of indicator dots on tires, the shop did it correctly. I may just opt for balance beads down the road. But so far they're smooth as glass to about 85, as fast as I've gone yet. They are a bit loud, but i expected that based on the tread. Getting the pressures more in line with what they should be helped a bit though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks good, Hopefully the perform good just from the headaches you had getting them lol.

Well honestly, If they make 50% tread at 20K I'll be happy. As far as the headaches I'm used to it, it's what I do.

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Old set of wheels with the 30K mile Yokohama X-At's on 'em sold yesterday for $600. Less than 24 hours and 3K+ clicks on Facebook market place. Yay garage space.

OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just about the right amount of poke for me. 18x9.5 0mm offset, 5.25" backspace.

DSCN0328-01.jpeg

Clearance to the spindle. There's more that what it looks like, I just can't get a good angle. But it is within a half inch.

DSCN0329-01.jpeg

And the obligatory shot that I've always taken the from so I can compare now and then..
IMG_20210329_222121_928.jpg
DSCN0336-01.jpeg

At this point I'm considering this it. I may move things around maybe a light or two. We have some camping trips planned this year the SouthEast overland expo on March 1st, GA traverse between April and November, and perhaps Colorado in June/July.

Last edited:
OP
OP
czervika

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got to play a little bit this weekend. Southeast Adventure Vehicle Expo was pretty fun. Lots of interesting things to give me ideas of doing.

Quick splash:

And a long boring wait in traffic.

I have some shots of the obstacle course but I have to stich them together as they're from the dashcam. The 360 cam ran out of storage. so, place holder here:

SAVE.JPG

SAVE1.JPG

I don't know why but I need this in my life.. I think. Bad ass rig..

SAVE3.JPG

Last edited: