Darn that Dave Smith Dodge Ram in Idaho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BillinNM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Quadcab 4X2
Engine
Pentastar 6
Hunter, yes, Dennis Dillon further south in Caldwell. Must be something in that pure Idaho air ...

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Umm...

(sorry about the filename - it was a screen capture from the dealership's website. Cutest 404 error I'd ever seen, though.)

Item-0_and_AirPortExtra_and_AppleTimeMachineExtra_and_AppleBluetoothExtra.jpg

OP
OP
B

BillinNM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Quadcab 4X2
Engine
Pentastar 6
Random, I got that same image looking at trucks on dealer sites from Amarillo to Denver to Phoenix today. Very curious. I think they all use a particular software -- Apache? -- on their vehicle listings.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Dealers usually use/rent web software from one of two vendors: Reynolds and Reynolds, or CDK Global (formerly ADP). I work for one of these two**.

Thinking one of them is seeing an outage right now... and it's not mine ;)

** my opinions are not those of my employer. They are rather superior to those of my employer.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Claims to be the largest Dodge Ram dealer in the world, and he is in Kellogg. I know of a number of people who have flown in just to drive home a rig from this outfit. Deals like this mess with my head.

https://www.davesmith.com/new/Ram/2018-Ram-1500-285fe35b0a0e0adf53c2ab808691295d.htm
Check out bill luke dodge in Phoenix area and air park Chrysler dodge in Scottsdale AZ area. I’ve purchased my last 4 vehicles from them and it has been a great price hassle free kinda thing

Just sayin since your in Alamogordo and AZ is a lot closer to you. We are practically neighbors since I’m in El Paso

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Hunter, yes, Dennis Dillon further south in Caldwell. Must be something in that pure Idaho air ...

I was on the razors edge about three weeks ago to buy from Dennis Dillon. Once I factored in my airfare, lodging, time off from work and the expenses of a three day drive back, I shopped and haggled with a dealer that was 90 miles away from me that made the math better buying more local. Plus the tax credit saving on my trade would not have rolled on a deal like that.

If I was more local, I would have probably dealt with them.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting as I live in Boise and they were both high when I bought. I called Dave Smith and they gave me a price. I was like that's more than I can get it for in the Boise area. They were like the other dealer is lying. It's not possible to sell for under 30k. This was in feb 2017. So I bought it for under 30k from that other dealer

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BillinNM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Quadcab 4X2
Engine
Pentastar 6
Chief, I will check out those Phoenix Chrysler dealers.
I have been talking with Holmes Tuttle in Tucson about an F-150 -- and Melloy in ABQ about a Ram. Also talking to Desert Sun here about a Ram from their Roswell store. We shall see.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Claims to be the largest Dodge Ram dealer in the world, and he is in Kellogg. I know of a number of people who have flown in just to drive home a rig from this outfit. Deals like this mess with my head.

https://www.davesmith.com/new/Ram/2018-Ram-1500-285fe35b0a0e0adf53c2ab808691295d.htm

Seems about right though. I paid 28999. Except mine has the express package, the 5.0 upgrade, tow package and the hemi. The apperance pack was 1800 or so, tow 700, and hemi I think 1800. All of which this truck doesn't have

ErnieD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought at Dave smith Motors, called them on a Friday, got my price for a2019 Ram Classic, Bighorn. The most hassle free experience I’ve ever had. They included tint, on all windows, sprayed in bed liner, and a soft bed cover in the price. MSRP was 49890, my sale price was 34655 plus tax. My Denver Colorado dealers couldn’t touch that price.

Day I was there, there was an Alaskan fella, Arizonan, a California and me. They were the real deal in my experience. I’d drive right back in a couple years for a 2500 diesel.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plus the tax credit saving on my trade would not have rolled on a deal like that.

I assume you're referring to the trade in sales tax credit? If so, can you only buy in Delaware to get that credit? I know each state can differ in how they handle the sale tax credit (if even offered at all), in NY we can buy anywhere and have the credit applied. Which is great cause I wouldn't want to buy most used vehicles that have been in NY.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I assume you're referring to the trade in sales tax credit? If so, can you only buy in Delaware to get that credit? I know each state can differ in how they handle the sale tax credit (if even offered at all), in NY we can buy anywhere and have the credit applied. Which is great cause I wouldn't want to buy most used vehicles that have been in NY.

Basically a sales tax credit. Delaware does not have a general Sales Tax for most other items sold but does have a 4.25% "Document Fee" vehicle tax at registration that pretty much is the same thing. You do get trade in value credit off the new vehicle purchase price for tax purposes to lower the liability.

You do not have to actually physically buy in state to get the value credit. Have bought in PA, NJ, MD, and even recently in NC and the dealerships have process my tags and tax liability/credits just as if I had bought it directly in Delaware.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically a sales tax credit. Delaware does not have a general Sales Tax for most other items sold but does have a 4.25% "Document Fee" vehicle tax at registration that pretty much is the same thing. You do get trade in value credit off the new vehicle purchase price for tax purposes to lower the liability.

You do not have to actually physically buy in state to get the value credit. Have bought in PA, NJ, MD, and even recently in NC and the dealerships have process my tags and tax liability/credits just as if I had bought it directly in Delaware.

Ah I see, man that 4.25% sounds nice! We are at 8% and above in NY depending on your county. Thanks for the info though, I'm always interested to see if there's any difference state to state with the credit.