Dash Cams - What Do You Have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last night Bambi ran onto the road way and turned around. She's fine. Got lucky :)

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A129 Dual camera.
The rear camera cable is just long enough, as long as you run the cable ends opposite what they say.
I have pic's and a video, I will post later when I get the chance.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't kill Bambi, she turned and ran off in the other direction. No contact.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Since I've moved to the land of the kamikaze driver I'm in the market for a dash cam.

I've read reviews and tried to learn a bit about options and features but I'm still not sure what to buy.

I'd like to get some input from those who have dash cams:

1. What brand & model do you have?
2. Did you go with front and rear cams?
3. What features do you like?
4. What features do you not like?
5. Is it easy to upload videos from the cam to your phone or to some form of media? (USB, SD Card, etc...)
6. Lastly, is there feature you don't have that you wish came with your cam?

Thanks for your time and input. It is appreciated.

Get a Big one. lol

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I run front & rear dashcams but purchased at different times. My original front cam went to the rear when I upgraded.

Front: Roav Dashcam S1
Rear: Roav Dashcam C2

Both made by Anker so the price & quality is right.

Depending on where you live, a temperature rated cam is a must. Internal batteries can get too hot, swell, and implode.

I had to use my footage once when the troopers came knocking accusing me of hit & run on I95 in Miami. I was cleared.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
For those that tapped into the factory wiring in the overhead console, has anyone looked into building a T harness? I prefer not T Tap anything, and would rather build a T Harness. I thought at some point i had found a company that sold one, but i can't see to find it anymore. Getting ready to install a camera myself, and i just know i would much rather build a harness and do it without taps, then run wires throughout the truck. Maybe @Roman217 might have an idea?