Dash speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the price and sound, you simply cannot beat the infinity 300M midrange dash speakers. $150/pair. (I suggest running them amplified that way you have no 4 ohm/8 ohm issues).

didnt you run some JLaudio 3.5s? if so how do the infinitys compare?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, because I am a bit of a tinker'er - sometimes to my detriment ;), after posting above I decided to swap the oem dash 8ohm speakers back in for a test real quick. To me, even though a lesser quality speaker, the overall balance with the 8 ohm dash stockers is better than with the 4 ohm KS 3.5's.- you can actually hear the front door 6x9's, instead of them being mostly washed out, and you don't have to fade to the rear like you do with 4 ohm dash speakers. I'm going to run it like this for a few days and see how I like it, I don't run a lot of volume but do like it to sound good. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of selection of quality 8 ohm 3.5's that I have found.

As I posted in another thread I replaced both front and rear door speakers with Pioneer A series 6966R's - not the shallow mount G series. Overall it's an upgrade of course, but since keeping the 8.4 HU there's only so much that can be done.

LOL so Im not as crazy as they make me out to be!

The stock 3.5s are 8ohm and do a great job with upgraded door speakers.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
theres actually a ton that you can do with the stock head unit. installing a fosgate dsr1 will give you so much control over the setting of the speakers. you tell me what an aftermarket HU can do that the stock unit and processor cant, and im not talking apps and such just speaker settings

This is true, but I was referring to a basic speaker upgrade without adding signal processing, external amps, etc. The dsr1 looks like an amazing tool, but i believe unless you are installing external amps as well t won't be of much use really.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with the above, I did some driving today and the balance with the 8 ohm speakers back in the dash is so much nicer. The sound fills the cab vs having a soundstage up on the dash. Not a fault of the Kicker KS 3.5's, it's just what it is with this RAM OEM setup.

There's just not a lot of 8 ohm 3.5's out there. You can always added in a resistor to a 4 ohm, but then you have to worry about heat.

I'm pretty happy so far with the OEM setup with Pioneer A series 6x9's - the only thing really bugging me at this point is a pretty noticeable panel rattle or similar in the drivers rear door. Oddly, only that door. I have some sound mat so will probably pull the panel and try to deaden it somehow.[/QUOTE

I agree , I have the kicker/MOPAR upgrade . I did all 4 6x9s and tried their 4 ohm tweeters in dash. They were way to loud in relation to everything else . It pulled all the sound to the drivers side an way to bright. I then bought the resisters to try to tone them down some still not enough. Applause sounded like bacon frying at 100 DBs. I went back to the oe dash speakers and had a much more balanced sound overall. I had a right side of the truck again . I posted my results last Feb in the added a resistor to dash speakers thread and an opinionated member insinuated I probably didn't like the higher quality sound because I was used to the OE junk. I am glad to see not every one thinks just because you change something it has to be better. Ive been playing with car and home audio for the last 50 years I have heard good and bad sounding systems. I gave the second set Kicker tweeter ti a friend and they sound fine in his Ram , both are 5.0 6 speaker . Dont' know why but it does . I boost the mid and treble a little and for what I have invested its fine.

I don't know how I ended up combining my post in the quote ????

Last edited:

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I also agree! Swapped all 6 oem with kicker. I was prepared and used resistors at swap, whoa!! Dont like having to fade to rear to tone down dash.
Put oem 3.5s back and for a oem non amp'd headunit now it sounds soooo much better!! With all 4 door 6x9s the sound is much fuller. I do have the trebble cranked pretty high but all said Im much happier with the oem 3.5s

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I put the resistors on my Polk dash speakers and they tamed them down. I had treble at -3 or -4 before the resistors; now treble is at 0.

Maybe the Kicker 3.5" speakers are less than 4 ohms?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
didnt you run some JLaudio 3.5s? if so how do the infinitys compare?

Yeah I tried the JLs and wasn’t impressed. Ran both amplified, the JLs just can’t handle any real power. They are less than 25 rms. The infinity midranges are the way to go especially for the $150 price

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might look in to the Hertz 3.5's. I believe they can handle up to 35w.