Dash Speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
On a 2019 Ram Classic 1500 I'm guessing the dash speakers are the same 3 1/2" speakers that the older trucks used? Anyone know?

Also, is the Metra Harness the same as the older trucks used. The 72-7902?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a 2019 Ram Classic 1500 I'm guessing the dash speakers are the same 3 1/2" speakers that the older trucks used? Anyone know?

Also, is the Metra Harness the same as the older trucks used. The 72-7902?

Mods might want to move this to 4th gen area?

2019 classic is a 4th gen, so you'll probably have much better luck posting questions about your truck over there. I'm sure some of these questions have been discussed many times over there if you search for it. Wish I could help more but I've never messed with anything audio related in my rams before.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Researching Crutchfield tells me the speakers are the same and they recommend the same 72-7209 metra. Answered my own question

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yes they are normal 3.5"

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Installed Infinity 3 1/2" 3 ohm today. What a difference!!!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have always disliked the 3½" speaker size Ma' Mopar has used in the instrument panel for our trucks. Recently I decided to modify the speaker opening to accommodate a 4" speaker. There are so many more options to choose from when shopping for new speakers.

When I did run an aftermarket 3½" speaker up front I used the JBL GT325's.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I have always disliked the 3½" speaker size Ma' Mopar has used in the instrument panel for our trucks. Recently I decided to modify the speaker opening to accommodate a 4" speaker. There are so many more options to choose from when shopping for new speakers.

When I did run an aftermarket 3½" speaker up front I used the JBL GT325's.
I bet that mod was a PITA

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bet that mod was a PITA
I was a little bit of a pain to complete. I've done several trucks with the windshield out but the last one I did a few months ago was mine and I didn't feel like taking the glass out.

I do enjoy the 4" Focal RCX-100's up front. So far they are the best sounding speaker I have used in the instrument panel.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I was a little bit of a pain to complete. I've done several trucks with the windshield out but the last one I did a few months ago was mine and I didn't feel like taking the glass out.

I do enjoy the 4" Focal RCX-100's up front. So far they are the best sounding speaker I have used in the instrument panel.
I can only imagine. The Infinities I installed today made night and day difference. Focals? I can only dream

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
You are going to regret those 3ohm speakers before long. I did the same with jbl GTO 3ohm. (basically the same as yours, same patent company... Harmon Kardon)
My ears bleed every time my msgs read over BT. Those speakers are extremely efficient, like 93db, couple that with 5ohms less resistance...... They are loud! Crystal clear... But loud.
I'll be changing mine out soon with the 3.5" tweeter from the Kenwood Excelon 6x9 component set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BrazenHaven

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with eTorque
You are going to regret those 3ohm speakers before long. I did the same with jbl GTO 3ohm. (basically the same as yours, same patent company... Harmon Kardon)
My ears bleed every time my msgs read over BT. Those speakers are extremely efficient, like 93db, couple that with 5ohms less resistance...... They are loud! Crystal clear... But loud.
I'll be changing mine out soon with the 3.5" tweeter from the Kenwood Excelon 6x9 component set.

Hey CK,

You could get a 5 ohm resistor and put in line with the positive wire to make the HU see 8 ohms again and that will correct your issue.

I followed a thread on here but the ones they used were 4 ohm so they got 4 ohm resistors and it made it a lot better, so that’s what I’m going to do. I’m just waiting on the resistors to get here.

Here is the 5 ohm you could use:

https://www.parts-express.com/mills-5-ohm-12w-non-inductive-resistor--005-5

Here is the original thread:

How To: 4 Ohm Resistor Upgrade For Aftermarket Dash Speakers
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...Speakers.125742/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
The 4 or 5 ohm resistor will help some, but the efficiency of these speakers compared to the stock ones still makes sound over Bluetooth Extremely Loud. Also, I don't really want to restrict them when it comes to normal music. That was the whole point of replacing them.
As I said, they will be replaced with a proper set of kenwood excelon 6x9 components with the 3.5" coaxial.