dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what the heck? temp and alt. and now fuel gauges acting funny. Temp gauge goes over (not hot) oil pressure will read low (and it is not) if i turn off the motor and restart sometimes a couple of times it corrects it's self. The amp gauge and motor both fluctuate until the motor runs awhile. What is it? GHOST!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
what the heck? temp and alt. and now fuel gauges acting funny. Temp gauge goes over (not hot) oil pressure will read low (and it is not) if i turn off the motor and restart sometimes a couple of times it corrects it's self. The amp gauge and motor both fluctuate until the motor runs awhile. What is it? GHOST!
The first thing I would take a look at is the condition of the connections at the battery just to verify everything is in proper working order. I suspect the instrument cluster is going to be the culprit here. I have seen too many broken solder joints and such on the 3rd Gen clusters.

If you can connect a scan tool you can look and see if there are any DTC's set in the instrument cluster or the FCM. That is where I would start.

Also, you can remove the cluster and verify the wiring and connectors are intact. Inspect all engine and body grounds in the engine compartment.