Dashboard Bubbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob Bamberg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had my dashboard top replaced as the leather seemed to be separating from the glue in a couple of places to the left of center. Also, the left corner above the instrument panel was also separating. The new installed dashboard had bubbles in the same two places...on a ‘19 Longhorn. Brown / Black trim. Has anyone else noticed bubbles in their dash? These were on top to the right of the main instrument panel and to the left of center (of the dash) right where the curve starts up.

userjh160

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one little bubble just to the right side of the stack. Keeping an eye on it, but it hasn't gotten any larger in over a year. Might bring it up to the dealer at some point, but I'm hesitant to take a chance on having the dash ripped out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jerrdan2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-torque
Leather on the cover over the cluster is peeling off. When I pulled it off to reglue it, it seems that the leather shrunk or was never the right size. Out of warranty by 1600 miles but hopefully they will do an exception and fix it. Also have one small bubble to the left of the stack. Dash seems like it's just going to get worse unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RD Holland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I now have the same issue. It started out a small bubble above the glove box. That has now grown fairly large and another one is starting above the instrument panel. I had a 2001 Dodge Ram with the Disintegrating Dodge Dashboard option. What started out as a few cracks eventually became a completely collapsing dashboard with pieces of it sometimes coming out of the vents when the blower was on. When I went to the dealer, they told me there was no history of such an issue, which I later found to just not be true. Later, they offered me a discount to replace the dashboard - a mere "$1400 for my cost if I recall correctly as the warranty had expired. I put a cap on it I bought on Amazon for around $100.

When I traded my 2001 in on my 2019 Longhorn (Brown/Black trim), I queried the dealer and salesman telling them I definitely did not want this "option" again. They assured me all the dashboard issues were long gone and resolved. I see another thread on this forum for the same issue and posts that say the dealer is replacing the dashboard: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2019-ram-1500-limited-dashboard-problems.167958/#post-2366699

I suggest no one wait until the warranty has expired like I did on my 2001. I'll be taking mine in asap. This time, I can point to this forum if I am told it is not a known issue.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This seems to be happening more and more. There are plenty of threads in other forums about the problem. Kind of makes me glad my dash isn't real leather. But I'll be hearing about it if it happens in the wife's Limited.

ErrandBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7Hemi
Im having the same issue, mostly on the passenger side. im still in my warranty period, does anyone know if this is covered in warranty?

UPDATED 08.10.21 : I brought my truck to the dealer and they are replacing the dashboard leather. There is normally a process they have to go through to repair something under warranty, but in this case because its a semi common occurrence they just said we have the dash in stock and can do it now... I agreed, they put me in a uber home and I should have it later today.

Apparently its more an issue with the installation and not the adhesive as the service mgr said they havent had a single instance where theyve repaired it and the owner has come back w same problem. Good luck!

Last edited:

USCG Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have same problem with my 2019 dashboard. Took it to Jime Brown Dodge in Tampa and they said they would not repair it. I have extended warranty thru Dodge and still in the 3 years, but I have 45,000 on truck. Any ideas on how to get Dodge to fix it?

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had it happen to my ‘17 pacifica limited the leather dash started that in 3 or 4 places.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have same problem with my 2019 dashboard. Took it to Jime Brown Dodge in Tampa and they said they would not repair it. I have extended warranty thru Dodge and still in the 3 years, but I have 45,000 on truck. Any ideas on how to get Dodge to fix it?
Most extended warranties don't cover things like dash de-lamination or other soft surface problems. The only way you could get Dodge to pay for it is if they voluntarily issue a warranty extension for that specific problem.

iamovru

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you say to them to get them to do it ? I just noticed my 19 Limited is doing the same. Along with that 12" radio issue :(

ARRazorback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am now having the same problem.

The passenger side is bubbling in the curved corner and the piece on top of my main dashboard(behind the steering wheel) has shrunk and popped our of place.

I have a Mopar 3/45 PRE-OWNED MAXIMUM CARE • 3/45 CUSTOMER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE UPGRADE I currently have 70k miles. and my dealer is saying that the interior is not covered in the extended warranty. I will be dropping it off Monday for another service item(washer fluid tank is leaking) and they will quote me on this.

I switched from JEEP to Ram thinking I would have all the benefits of a truck and the style of a luxury vehicle. Now I'm looking for a new car for my wife and I am not so sure I will be sticking with FCA

List of Issues I have had so far...
Barriers were not full of grease when i bought it causing a grinding noise less them one month after purchase
Back window defect causing the electronics to stop working and rain to enter and leak through the head liner
Battery died and when the dealer swapped out the battery they charged me an additional $300 to (reset my computer for my configuration)... which later I found would happen automatically after a battery was installed if I left it for a few hours.
Stranded out of town for 1 week during Thanksgiving because a Ground wire had come loose and would not allow the vehicle to start...
windshield wiper fluid tank seems to be leaking out of the blue
I have a weird sound that was not there before that just started( appointment scheduled)
And finally the leather is bubbling and shrinking...

This was my first Brand New Vehicle...

Attachments

• IMG_20220111_122037.jpg
    IMG_20220111_122037.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220111_122115.jpg
    IMG_20220111_122115.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 9