Dashboard bubbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildcatJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
6.1 Hemi
I purchased a 2019 Ram Limited, it has 47000 miles on it, love the truck but recently noticed that my dashboard has 3 huge bubble across the entire dash. I have extended warranty through Alpha, called the dealer and put in claim called back withing 2 hours and they said I was out of my perimeter whatever that means...is there anything I can do for this problem I have literally had the truck 2 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I would call them back and get on their case. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.
It seems this is the new trade off. Older dashes flat out cracked open. These new covered dashes come unglued.

3dmac88

Reaction score
Ram Year
I had the same issue, 2019 Limited with only 25000 miles. Took it to a dealer and they gave me a number to call( Ram Customer Care 844-378-0575) to get a process started for replacement. within couple days I had approval to get new dash at no cost! It is called Goodwill Policy. Hope this helps...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just have to ask
Who the heck is extended warranty through Alpha,

Dodge Dealerships warranty is from MOPAR

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
I just have to ask
Who the heck is extended warranty through Alpha,

Dodge Dealerships warranty is from MOPAR
Not all dodge dealerships sell mopar, mine offered a ‘portfolio’ extended warranty and literally would not sell me a mopar. Good thing I found out about Ziegler’s

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I purchased a 2019 Ram Limited, it has 47000 miles on it, love the truck but recently noticed that my dashboard has 3 huge bubble across the entire dash. I have extended warranty through Alpha, called the dealer and put in claim called back withing 2 hours and they said I was out of my perimeter whatever that means...is there anything I can do for this problem I have literally had the truck 2 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Send a message to @RamCares to work with you in resolving this issue.

ramjam65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited used with 15,000 miles that had this problem. It still had two months left on the 36 month warranty so I was ok buying it knowing they would replace it. After reading other common problems I found out the back window was leaking too. I asked the service advisor if they could just replace it with one that wasn’t covered in leather and he said no. Seems dumb to put something glued on a dash in the hottest part of the vehicle? I put side window deflectors on so I can crack the windows to vent the heat and also got a dash cover. There is also a new clear ceramic tint you can put on the windshield that reduces heat and 99% of UV’s, only problem is if you get a rock chip they can’t repair it. It happens again after I’ve taken precautions my dash isn’t the only thing that’ll come unglued!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I really like the dash cover that dealerships used to sell in their Parts Department, it was a Private company.

I still use the dash cover that i bought for my old 2009 Ram, it is laying on my 2016 Ram dash right now

img1076hs.jpg

img0945k.jpg

Pitchlord

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Almost same issue here too. My windshield is periodically getting condensation (doesn't look or smell like water though), so dropped it off for service yesterday. Noticed the bubble on dash, showed dealer. Dealer is replacing dashboard, but no resolution on condensation issue yet. I'm at 27k miles and almost 36 months ownership.

I-30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My dash is a complete wreck, bubbled on the passenger side and drivers side, the driver visor and radio was also pulling away. Took it to the dealer 4-28-23, they took pictures and told me call them in a week, yesterday I called the service advisor and he stated the dash was on order and RAM was warrantying the dash, I was pretty ecstatic. Thank you Rockwall Dodge.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My dash is a complete wreck, bubbled on the passenger side and drivers side, the driver visor and radio was also pulling away. Took it to the dealer 4-28-23, they took pictures and told me call them in a week, yesterday I called the service advisor and he stated the dash was on order and RAM was warrantying the dash, I was pretty ecstatic. Thank you Rockwall Dodge.
Hey there,

If you need some assistance in getting this repaired, please DM us! We'd be happy to help.

Callie
Ram Cares

M59VOQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having the same issue here in TX. 2019 RAM 1500 Limited, dash already replaced once under factory warranty last year. Now the replacement is bubbling, and the curved cover over the instrument cluster is severely warping upward leaving a nice ugly gap. Dealer says they'll fix it under their 2 year replacement warranty, but they're backlogged on dashboard replacement orders. Been over a month and still waiting. Makes me wonder when they're going to get this problem under control, and what else is getting damaged each time the dash gets replaced. @RamCares, love my truck, but this is pretty disappointing.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds similar to what happed to my 2011 jeep grand cherokee overland. The leather just starts coming unglued from the sun baking it all day. It was so bad it was kinda embarrassing to have people ride in it. Jeep would do nothing about it because of course it happened out of warranty. I traded it in with the dash looking the way it was. You would think they would have had things figured out by now.

jtroxler82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

jtroxler82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This just started today on my 2021 Ram 1500 Limited Night Edition with 51k miles on it.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely contact @RanCares they will help you get this resolved. Got to conversations and start a new conversation and target @RamCares and start a thread with them. they will tell you what to do.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely contact @RanCares they will help you get this resolved. Got to conversations and start a new conversation and target @RamCares and start a thread with them. they will tell you what to do.