Dave's 21 PW Build Thread

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Decided to take my ghost trailer and boat to the ramp to test out the new suspension...
You must be registered for see images attach

How the heck did you get everything backed down into the lake with deploying the tow mirrors?!

Truck is looking good!

David Ware

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L hemi
How the heck did you get everything backed down into the lake with deploying the tow mirrors?!

Truck is looking good!
I just closed my eyes and gave her the beans…I guess luck was on my side lol. Thanks for the support brother.

"The clunkiness of the transmission"...
Really..? Please elaborate
This could be a one off scenario for my truck, but when accelerating and I let off of the gas right before a transmission shift I get a clunk or the gear slams into position. It’s not loud but the jolt can’t be felt throughout the cab. It may only happen one or two times during a driving period but enough to be an annoyance. I have litterly done zero research on the topic but in past vehicles, I’ve always had the issue fixed with better transmission tuning. Usually upping the oil pressure during a shift would fix it.

If this is a known issue I would love to hear anyones advice on the topic, if it’s a one off scenario I may take it to the dealer to have them take a peak at it before I tune it just to be on the safe side.

David Ware

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L hemi
How are you liking the throttle body?
I did the throttle body and S&B intake at the same time so I'm not sure which one benefited the most. The throttle response increased a little on the lower gears and everything feels smoother when accelerating. With tuning I'm sure it will benefit even more.

zer0t

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm going to shamelessly copy some of this. :) I just need to find a shop because I don't have the space here.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just closed my eyes and gave her the beans…I guess luck was on my side lol. Thanks for the support brother.

This could be a one off scenario for my truck, but when accelerating and I let off of the gas right before a transmission shift I get a clunk or the gear slams into position. It’s not loud but the jolt can’t be felt throughout the cab. It may only happen one or two times during a driving period but enough to be an annoyance. I have litterly done zero research on the topic but in past vehicles, I’ve always had the issue fixed with better transmission tuning. Usually upping the oil pressure during a shift would fix it.

If this is a known issue I would love to hear anyones advice on the topic, if it’s a one off scenario I may take it to the dealer to have them take a peak at it before I tune it just to be on the safe side.
I have just under 14,000 miles on my 2020 PW and do not notice any tranny clunk.

David Ware

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L hemi
Random pic from our Helen trip...

zer0t

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th Anniversary
Engine
6.4L Hemi
How's the ride quality work updated suspension on road? It looks like stock tires still in this picture?

Last edited:

David Ware

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L hemi
How's the ride quality work updated suspension on road? It looks like stock tires still in this picture?

Its not game-changing by any means, but it is an improvement over stock. This is the only true way to level a truck and get the benefit of a better ride quality..spacers shouldn't even be considered. I am overall happy with the setup, but if Kings weren't 9-11 months out on wait times I would have those instead. The ATS Fox steering stabilizer is top-notch, I recommend one of these to anyone going bigger than stock tires. And yes, still stock tires for the time being...it will have to wait until after we move into our new house next month.

If anyone is debating on a toolbox for your PW, here is the low-profile camlocker w/ rails I picked up two weeks ago. Fitment is perfect and It does not extend to the bottom of the bed if you're looking to still keep some bed space.