Dave's 21 PW Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you! I'll do my best to answer them for you...this is all from the owners manual, so if it has additional features outside of that then I wont know them.

1. Can you calibrate the throttle sensitivity separate from the tunes themselves? I have a throttle controller on my Wrangler that can be adjusted to about 15 settings of sensitivity, but it is not a tuner.
- No you can't, it is pre-set unfortunately unlike a pedal commander. This is really my only complaint with the tuner. The performance tune is awesome however, it is super touchy on stock tires. If your running 37's or bigger it shouldn't be an issue.

2. Are the tunes just "canned" or does is ask questions for bolt-ons such as aftermarket air filters, exhaust, etc?
- Nope, they are canned tunes they do not have additional tunes for certain bolts-ons. I know several companies that do this but this one does not sadly.

3. Do the more aggressive tunes require higher octane fuel?
- Yes, both the performance tunes (7 & 8) require 91+ octane

4. Did you spring for the Insite touch screen, or just use the module alone?
- I did not get the insite, only the Pulsar module. Since the truck has the "off-road pages" I felt that an additional gauge monitor was not necessary.

5. Can you adjust the tire pressure alarm threshold?
- No sadly, you'll have to get an Alpha OBD to do this. The only adjustment options are: Tire size, gear size, tune selection, DTC read and clear codes

I would like to think so, since I had the CAI and exhaust on prior its really hard to tell. If I knew someone with a stock truck I could compare the two. Usually canned tunes are geared towards stock trucks but hopefully it uses the MAF and 02 sensors to see that there is more air in and more air out. I know this isn't a clear answer but I hope it helps.
Thank you.

This mirrors the response I received from EDGE. I wonder if it part of their "increase in performance" is just throttle sensitivity, maybe until you get to 7 & 8. Edge said there adding a custom tune was not possible with their system. So close yet so far!

OP
OP
David Ware

David Ware

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L hemi
We are finally all settled in to our new home. With the move done, new parts are finally ordered!

- CJC Offroad: Baja Designs 2019+ Ram 2500/3500 Laramie+ Baja Designs Squadron Fog Light Kit
- CJC Offroad: RAM 2500/3500 Black Closed Top Lug Nuts
- Venomrex offroad: 17" VR-801BL Tungsten Graphite +18mm offset
- 37" Cooper STT Pros
- Amp research steps

And as always, as parts come in I will make sure to post pics of the process.

OP
OP
David Ware

David Ware

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L hemi
The overall ride on the 37s is amazing, a vast improvement over the stock 33s. For anyone wondering, I only saw about a .5 mpg loss for normal driving...average is about 12-12.4 ish now. The Edge Pulsar tuner did a great job re-calibrating the speedo, everything is spot on. Also, going up to 37s you will see some very slight road drift with the bigger tires, however, once I adjusted the FOX ATS steering stabilizer for the bigger tires, it corrected all issues. As for rubbing, I have ZERO rub at full lock in both directions. The only instance where I have encountered any kind of rub, is in reverse at full lock dropping off a 5-6" ledge from my driveway...the rub was very minimal.

Still waiting on the CJC fog lights, its been around 6 weeks or so since I placed the order. They are a great company so I definitely don't mind waiting. Once in, I will definitely post some new pics.

For anyone in the GA/SC area, I do have the factory AE rock rails for sale in mint condition. They have been ceramic coated as well, shoot me a DM if interested.

Last edited:

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was at Fenway when Shane hit that slam on an 0-2 count during the 2013 ALCS...place went nuts...flying Hawaiian indeed...