Daylight Running Lights 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drm074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Though this is a 2019 because it is the Classic this is a 4th Gen, not the new 5th Gen versions.

This question is specifically for only the 2019 Classic models. Specifically, 2019 Ram 1500 Classic 4x4 Laramie.

I know all the tricks for all the other years however, something has changed as of 2019 Classic and the dealers appear to be unable to unlock/activate daylight running lights on this specific year. I have been to 3 different dealers and none can figure out how to activate DLR.

There is no LM5, LM1 or LMK available for activating.

There is no Canada/US option that the dealer can find.

Has anyone else been able to get these turned on for 2019 models?

As a significant safety feature, it is perplexing that this is an item that Dodge has chosen to make difficult to activate after years of dealers being able to simply add a sales code. I know there are trucks that are built and sold in areas that require DLR so hopefully someone has also come across this issue and has a solution.

I am not in the mood to purchase after market add-ons to accomplish what should be a standard or user available option for safety. Thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yes you can activate drl's but does require aftermarket support.

1. You'll need a security bypass cable that https://www.kaodtech.com/products sells

2. Obdlink mx bluetooth obd2 reader (Amazon ~$60)

3. Alfaobd. Either through Google play store or download through alfaobd.com for windows ($49)

Or a z automotive sells a more plug and play option. I don't know much about their products. I can say alfaobd is highly recommended if you plan on doing any kind of upgrades

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman