De-Badge a TRX? Good or bad idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patmanz28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I personally look at debaged cars and think "that car has been wrecked and they did not put the badges back on". When I worked in the insurance industry most cars without badges were indeed previously wrecked.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have all of the original Badges in a box
When i sell the Ram, the badges go with it
Heck, i'll even help the new owner to put them back on

I see trucks all the time, that have all the factory badges, a Line-X sticker & dealership license plates, dealer mud flaps & a dealership sticker

To each their own ....

I totally agree with the dealer stickers and dealer license plate and or frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
I personally dislike all the emblems on new cars and thing the smooth de-badged lines look great.

What do you think? Take the RAM and TRX emblems off, or leave them on?!? Thoughts?
why ask for everyones approval you spent the money so show it off then again you could have ordered it from the factory without badges

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i debadged my power wagon its looks sexy

See, now when they made them the way they did like back in 2006 or something, I wouldn’t mind the power wagon badging on those but the 2015 models and up or whenever they started that, where they got all those extra graphics and that great big old word power wagon on the side, I just don’t like that. To me that’s just goofy looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For re-sale I would leave it alone. If I was looking for a used truck I would pass on one that has been de-badged, I hate it. And especially on a status truck such as a TRX people are going to want the badges.

Agreed....leave the badges on.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have all of the original Badges in a box
When i sell the Ram, the badges go with it
Heck, i'll even help the new owner to put them back on

I see trucks all the time, that have all the factory badges, a Line-X sticker & dealership license plates, dealer mud flaps & a dealership sticker

To each their own ....

Same. Debadged and saved the badges.
And no dealer decals or license plate frames. It’s my truck not theirs.
And, as quoted, to each their own.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
I think trucks look plain without them. I like the badges on my 2019 1500 Classic Warlock. White with all black badges, wheels and stripe down center of hood (black of course). I hated the Warlock decal and had that removed and replaced it with a 4x4 Off Road decal. Looks much better, doesn’t look like a kid toy anymore.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you don't plan to keep it forever, lose all badges, stickers, and mud flaps installed by the dealer and keep the factory installed badges and/or decals. I tend to keep my vehicles mostly stock for resale value. It's a different story for a car or truck I intend to keep forever. In that case I'd modify the $hit out of it, including losing all badges. Makes waxing/polishing much easier.

ViperOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say to each his or her own. How does it make you feel when you get behind the steering wheel and head down the road. IMO To most of us gearheads the vehicle is an extension of us, it may express our past, present or future. Have fun enjoy your ride, you never know when it’s your last.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I say to each his or her own. How does it make you feel when you get behind the steering wheel and head down the road. IMO To most of us gearheads the vehicle is an extension of us, it may express our past, present or future. Have fun enjoy your ride, you never know when it’s your last.
Good looking truck you have there ViperOne. Unusual color and it looks good with the chrome and chrome wheels. Need to put some more pictures on here!

dennish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've debadged the last three Rams. I even debadged my Harleys. I think the truck or car looks cleaner and it's easier to wash and wax without having to take a toothbrush to the badges. I think it has something to do with growing up in the 50's and 60's when taking the the hood and trunk badges/ornaments off. Of course I have saved everything.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
another perspective...

Would you de-badge your Bentley?
Most Bentley's don't have badges on the sides, most only limited amount on hood & trunk.

Fewer badges enhances clean lines.

Here is another vote to debadge. Just hold on to them for the next owner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d do a partial debadge where it’s not all cluttered.

Keep the front/rear ram head and just the trx on the rear. Delete the trx stickers and ram on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ViperOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good looking truck you have there ViperOne. Unusual color and it looks good with the chrome and chrome wheels. Need to put some more pictures on here!
Thanks for the compliment. Timberline Green Pearl is the color and paint is original, chrome is original, she has a few rock chip battle scars. So it’s work in progress.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you don't feel like the truck is yours, and you think de-badging it is what you want to do, go for it. Those ppl who say you are going to make a TRX look like a lower trim are partially correct, but mostly wrong. The TRX grill is distinct, and that is not the only part that would still make it clear it is not "stock trim", even debadged. I wouldn't go so far as to remove the engine claim. If you got horsepower, SHOUT IT LOUD!

My Ram is a Warlock in sheep's clothing, if you will. It is a legit Warlock, has the order code to show for it, but the expected Warlock badging, and hood stripe you see on most of them is not there, and I miss it. BUT, this is a good thing, because I can get those custom made, and go with my own design idea on them. Thinking of going with an understated (but still badged) look, close to the Hydro Blue color decal for the stripe and Warlock emblem on the truck bed. So it looks like a version of "ghost flames".