De-Badged and Detailed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks good....!

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive been thinking of doing this to my truck, I think you just really talked me into it. Did you do the old fishing line trick to remove them?

cam101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great!

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good! I have a '16 Granite Crystal Metallic that I de-badged after the first Colorado hail storm and I really like the way it looks, And, I don't have to worry about "stuff" getting caught on the emblems when I wash/wax it.

OP
OP
Wayne E

Wayne E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great looking! I debadged mine and never looked back. That finish looks great.

BTW this should be in the 4th Gen forum
Ya I originally posted in General Discussion 4th Gen, and admin moved it to Exterior 5th Gen lol

OP
OP
Wayne E

Wayne E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good! I have a '16 Granite Crystal Metallic that I de-badged after the first Colorado hail storm and I really like the way it looks, And, I don't have to worry about "stuff" getting caught on the emblems when I wash/wax it.
I hated having to go around each letter after washing to get clean.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, the question that I have to ask it this, if you de-badged the tailgate I am assuming you removed the Ram head, if so, don't you now have a indented spot to worry about?

Lil' Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the best method to remove that Ram Head? Thinking about swapping the chrome one out for an all black one.

How much did that Ziebart paint protection cost?

OP
OP
Wayne E

Wayne E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, the question that I have to ask it this, if you de-badged the tailgate I am assuming you removed the Ram head, if so, don't you now have a indented spot to worry about?
Ram head was left on front and back. Only 4x4 removed from tailgate and Ram 1500 and Hemi badges on sides

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I also left the Ram Head on the tailgate specifically for that reason. But, there are no other letters or numbers on the truck. I'll post a pic of my truck in my profile soon - I'm just being lazy I guess.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive been thinking of doing this to my truck, I think you just really talked me into it. Did you do the old fishing line trick to remove them?

You can use a heat gun and it will just pull right off, then there will still potentially be a little bit of the glue to get off. Just have to be careful with the heat gun to avoid damaging the paint. It was very easy though.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I removed the ram's head front and rear on my '15 and replaced them with satin black smooth badges with three horizontal milled lines. Looked really slick I think.

Still haven't found anything I like for the tailgate on my '20. May end up getting something milled custom.