Dead Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEmmett

Reaction score
Ram Year
I tow my 2022 Ram behind my motorhome. I left a monitor plugged in and when I arrive at my destination the truck's battery was dead. Dead to the point that I couldn't even open the tailgate. I now have a check engine light on. I think this is due to the charging system not being active while the battery voltage was low.

Any thought?

John Emmett

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean by monitor? But yeah, if it whatever that was ran your battery down, these trucks have a smart battery sensor that will cause all sorts of stuff like that until the battery reaches a certain charge level.

I had the same thing happen to my 18 around the end of last summer just out of the blue with no other problems- truck had been sitting all week like it sometimes does when I leave for a week for work but this time after sitting for a week, it was deader’n a door nail. Caused all kinds of lights but once it charged up enough while having a buddy’s jumper cables on it, they went away when it finally charged up enough to start. Still had to change the battery tho. Finally got it started and drove it straight to Oreileys to have it checked and still had to have the truck jumped just so I could run home right quick to take the battery out and back to Oreileys to have it tested and sure enough, the battery was toast. Ended up buying a new battery. I don’t think anything drained it, I really think it was just a junk battery.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01