Dead Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Its bracket bolted into the frame that holds the parking brake. Stainless rod welded to cheap steel , I know, a big no-no.

The pad is from a VW beetle. Fancy aluminum plated ones are 8 bux on eBay.
There's a frame under the pedal, but still needs powder coating before I post. My welding sucks.ca0b51da8d91b9e82bdd337faf73e16b.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Thanks for the pic. Waiting on the updated pics :) My welding sucks but I have a Ace up my sleeve :) My son's Father in law builds Metal Spiral stairs so he welds,and bends metal :),And his cost to me would be a beer or 3 lol Now to find a rubber pad that match's my RAM Gas/Brake pedal :)

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do put quite a bit of weight on it to remain stable while cornering at speed, off camber while trailing, and while adjusting in my seat....so yes.

Do you not do these things?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I agree, a strong dead pedal is important. When off roading it is most important. We are not harnessed in or have race seats that will hug us so the only thing sometimes keeping us in the seat is our left foot on the floor or a dead pedal. try going thru a trail with a high degree of side banking or going down a steep hill. That dead pedal is vital!

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am all for more options. That is why I asked about Rado's.

I simply know mine is not for the aesthetic, but it is nice to look good too.

I live out a very winding, country road. It is easy to corner faster than these seats can keep me planted. The dead pedal is nice for this. I also travel the Gifford-Pinchot trails often, with some serious ruts/embankments....very nice to be able to kind of stand up a bit to see over/around the hood a little bit for proper tire placement and branch clearance.

Plus, I slouch a bit due to back injury pain. This causes me to slip down in the seat often. The dead pedal has been very nice to help me adjust back up. The rubber mat doesn't provide much grip to slush/mud covered shoes.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am all for more options. That is why I asked about Rado's.

I simply know mine is not for the aesthetic, but it is nice to look good too.

I live out a very winding, country road. It is easy to corner faster than these seats can keep me planted. The dead pedal is nice for this. I also travel the Gifford-Pinchot trails often, with some serious ruts/embankments....very nice to be able to kind of stand up a bit to see over/around the hood a little bit for proper tire placement and branch clearance.

Plus, I slouch a bit due to back injury pain. This causes me to slip down in the seat often. The dead pedal has been very nice to help me adjust back up. The rubber mat doesn't provide much grip to slush/mud covered shoes.

Thank you for the feedback throughout this process. Also glad to see you are a user of this pedal that can really test it to its full potential. A dead pedal will benefit the daily drivers and off roaders and you are both!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I do agree that the Dead Pedal the Tater is testing looks very well made and should last a long time. Also agree with Nick that they need to be able to stand abuse! Since the pad is removable maybe one with a rubber pad like in our RAM'S could be swapped out :) or a modded pad can be added to the base :) Will see the $$ amount . Will the mounting arm be available separate ?

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mounting bolt issues, not ready yet. The pedal is excellent, as you saw previously, but I broke a bolt, so looking at options to keep plug n play, but sturdier.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
It would come in handy when I'm trying to reach the kids in the back seat. :D I usually use my left leg to push off of so I can reach the car seat. Just another "use" for one in a daily driver. ;)

And just think when they get out of car seat, it can still be used to reach the kids in back.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much longer are they projecting?

Scott may know better than me as he is getting scheduled to go in for more R&D with them but they are hoping this next test fitment with him will be the last one. If this next appointment goes well it should be fairly quick to get into full production. They would just need to source what ever hardware they are going to use and start producing the product.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It would come in handy when I'm trying to reach the kids in the back seat. :D I usually use my left leg to push off of so I can reach the car seat. Just another "use" for one in a daily driver. ;)
If I had a dead peddle to push off of to reach my kids in the back seat, child services would have me in jail by now :)

Let's do this.

Petebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
This thread hasn't been touched for a while.
Has there been any more advancements on the dead pedal?

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nope, it's literally living up to it's name.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish I could disagree.

I emailed them about the bolt not holding on 13 March, but it is technically still attached so far, just not stable.

They are investigating better methods to fasten it...

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would have said forget it by now, but everytime I get in my truck I find my left foot hanging there looking for a spot. It keeps me coming back to this thread looking, shame to hear it's still not ready.

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is so stupid! By the time they get it made, we will all have got new trucks and the market to make this product viable... will be gone.

December of 2017 is when this all started. In that 14 months a developer has managed to build 36 houses and a small shopping plaza down the road from me. But a dead pedal is still being engineered?

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is so stupid! By the time they get it made, we will all have got new trucks and the market to make this product viable... will be gone.

December of 2017 is when this all started. In that 14 months a developer has managed to build 36 houses and a small shopping plaza down the road from me. But a dead pedal is still being engineered?
I don't disagree with you, but keep in mind, development on this started before the next generation was fully announced. It was shortly after beginning that the announcement hit that this generation of truck would be ending, therefore the market for aftermarket goodies dropped significantly.

This puts a big damper on new products when they have much more impetus to develop for vehicles currently in production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01