Dead Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would people be willing to cut their firewall insulation to install?

Not remove, just slice.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
If it came with all the hardware needed and had CLEAR instructions on exactly what to do I would be ok with it.My carpet is like brand new(no salt from snow in Florida)and I want the end result to look factory.xoBt4ZO.jpg

Last edited:

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Drilling two big holes for rivnuts, isn’t high on my list. I’d still probably get it, I mean I’ve put 16 holes in my roof, so what’s 2 more. I’d say I’m 90% in depending on how your review goes.

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40, Softopper
Black Rhino Armory 18x9 +12mm
Cooper St MAXX LT295/70R18

2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 4 Qts 5W-30 and 3 Qts 0W-40
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Why not build a mounting bracket for the dead pedal that uses the bolts for the clutch cylinder? Then make the dead pedal either clip/latch onto the bracket or some sort of quick removal screws/bolts.
If someone with a '19 Classic can confirm the former clutch cylinder mounting studs are under the dash, the mounting bracket should be good for 10 model years worth of Rams. Also be sure to send me my royalty check and one of the first dead pedal assemblies from the production run...thank very much!
:-D

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate the dead pedals--have tken them out of every vehicle that I have had that had one---would much rather have the extra length available abeit it ain"t much

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate the dead pedals--have tken them out of every vehicle that I have had that had one---would much rather have the extra length available abeit it ain"t much
Then I guess the only question is, why even post here in a thread dedicated to a product coming to market that you would specifically not want?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Then I guess the only question is, why even post here in a thread dedicated to a product coming to market that you would specifically not want?

^^^^THIS^^^^

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

^^^^^^^^^GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just my opinion--sorry you don't like--I almost really love my truck---the cab is big enough that the dead pedal doesn't affect my leg room

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just my opinion--sorry you don't like--I almost really love my truck---the cab is big enough that the dead pedal doesn't affect my leg room
Good, then bugger off. Quit posting in a thread dedicated to something you dislike.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update for all waiting on this....the project is dead.

At least from CravenSpeed.

I emailed them again with feedback about this one and asked about a group buy...but due to the thin material and no way for them to mount in there, they have abandoned this project indefinitely.

I am still very much interested in giving feedback to anyone else that would like to take measurements and build off the one they made for my truck.

I like having it and think that many people who like to go off camber off road, and reach into the back seat/into their back pocket, or those who like to corner at/near speed will enjoy having one.

I don't typically rest my foot on it, but it is nice to have during those situations I mentioned above.

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good, then bugger off. Quit posting in a thread dedicated to something you dislike.
Stick it where the sun don't shine
made an observation about something--said sorry--not everyone likes the dead pedal pad--takes up leg room for me and sometiems putting a different pedal pad in can alleviate it---but I guess you know it all

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kind of figured this is where this would end up. Lived without it this long, not a big deal.
Ya, unfortunate. I was really hoping to see this one launch. Dead Pedals are very nice to have. Odd that our trucks didn't come with at least an option for one from the factory.

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stick it where the sun don't shine
made an observation about something--said sorry--not everyone likes the dead pedal pad--takes up leg room for me and sometiems putting a different pedal pad in can alleviate it---but I guess you know it all
Try going back and reading through this thread. No where in there was it asked "How do you feel about Dead Pedals"...it has been a constant, single direction thread dedicated to how we can bring some to market.

Nick popped in that he had a vendor working on building one for mass production. I was the tester for that product. It didn't work out. Why you feel it is a good idea to pop in and be a *******, not sure.

You didn't apologize, you made a snarky comment that I don't like your opinion...You're wrong, I don't AGREE with your opinion, but you are totally entitled to it. But to pop into someone else's thread, providing unsolicited feedback is rude, and distracting.

If you are not providing ideas on how to make this work, as opposed to ******** on everyone else's work, engineering and designs, then you should just **** right off.