Dealer added Remote Start but Uconnect app does not show it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JCAP

JCAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel; 2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
5.7L Hemi; 6.4L Hemi
With the spread of the virus, today was the first day that I was able to get my truck in to have the dealer do a follow up with the UConnect app. The service tech that I spoke with on the phone indicated he knew what to do. By the end of the day, I will be providing an update. It seems to me this should be an easy fix.

OP
OP
JCAP

JCAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi; 6.4L Hemi
If the dealer told you all that they're lying... All it took to add remote start AND remote tailgate release to my 2019 TRADESMAN was the appropriate key and a software change to tell the truck, yes, you can use these functions.

I agree having the right key and a software change is needed. However, they did have to install the hood sensor. As far as the RF unit already being in the vehicle, not sure. I would assume if it did not have remote start at build, adding an RF unit seems logical.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I agree having the right key and a software change is needed. However, they did have to install the hood sensor. As far as the RF unit already being in the vehicle, not sure. I would assume if it did not have remote start at build, adding an RF unit seems logical.

The RF units are standard or else your FOB wouldn't be able to lock or unlock the truck, and unless the 1500's are different, my bare bones base trim 2500 tradesman already had a hood sensor, so i'm sure your rebel had one.

OP
OP
JCAP

JCAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi; 6.4L Hemi

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Idk man i just hate to see the dealer screw people charging them for stuff they don't need.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The 5th gen 1500’s are definitely different than the 2019+ HD’s as far as the RF Hubs. There is only one part number for 2019+ HD rf hubs, which are all capable of remote start. For the 5th gen 1500s, there are multiple part numbers for the rf hub, depending on remote start and remote suspension lowering options.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
With the spread of the virus, today was the first day that I was able to get my truck in to have the dealer do a follow up with the UConnect app. The service tech that I spoke with on the phone indicated he knew what to do. By the end of the day, I will be providing an update. It seems to me this should be an easy fix.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
JCAP

JCAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi; 6.4L Hemi

Here is the latest from the dealer....still not showing in the application.

My dealer spoke with Guardian. It was explained to them the current version of the software does not support dealer added options to the telematics system after the build sheet is received from FCA, even though dealer connect is updated to show the truck can now support that feature.

According to my dealer, there is a future release of the UConnect software that is forthcoming and will take into account dealer added options that were not installed at the time of the build. Once this happens, the app should update automatically.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

My dealer spoke with Guardian. It was explained to them the current version of the software does not support dealer added options to the telematics system after the build sheet is received from FCA, even though dealer connect is updated to show the truck can now support that feature.

According to my dealer, there is a future release of the UConnect software that is forthcoming and will take into account dealer added options that were not installed at the time of the build. Once this happens, the app should update automatically.

Ahh, two old software development lies. It's not a bug it's a feature (build sheet issue) and it will be fixed in the next release (dealer added options issue). :)

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ahh, two old software development lies. It's not a bug it's a feature (build sheet issue) and it will be fixed in the next release (dealer added options issue). :)

YUP, We all know those stories. After hours of phone calls with FCA and Uconnect, what I was told was whatever telematics or lack of that the truck came off the line with is all there will ever be. The Uconnect is tied to the vin when the truck is built and they have no way of changing / adding to it.
If they did almost everyone that did the UAx swap would have added it.

OP
OP
JCAP

JCAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi; 6.4L Hemi
It sounds like you are all correct. Even though this is an FCA OEM manufactured part that was installed by the dealer, the same exact part that would have been put in the truck when it was manufactured on the factory line; Sirius / Guardian / UConnect / FCA, will not update the capabilities for the App to allow for remote start.

For me, there is no reason to subscribe to the guardian services if this feature cannot be added.

Such a disappointment.

It feels like this integration was not fully vetted when FCA rolled this out with Sirius Guardian. There is no technical reason this cannot be done.

My last truck was a Ford F-150 XLT, one trim level above base, it had a remote start through the Ford App, and rear backup sensors, neither of which my Rebel has and it is a much higher trim level.

Very disappointed as a Ram owner on this one. What is even worse, I got the run around from every person that I spoke with. It is almost as if they didn’t want to give you the bad news. So rather than explain, “FCA will not allow for this if it is not done at the time of build.” You get the run around, or you get conflicting information, or it will be a software update.

Just frustrating is all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JCAP

JCAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi; 6.4L Hemi
Well, believe it or not, FCA updated the app and I now have remote start available. I just tried it today and everything is working !!!!

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Well, believe it or not, FCA updated the app and I now have remote start available. I just tried it today and everything is working !!!!

What? Did the warranty info center (WiC) add something or just the app update?

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JCAP

JCAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi; 6.4L Hemi
What? Did the warranty info center (WiC) add something or just the app update?

I am not sure what events took place on the FCA side. What I can tell you is this...1. I spoke with FCA and they told me to speak with the dealer to have them open a STAR ticket. 2. The dealer called FCA and FCA told them I would see the change during the next software update. This all took place in April. It wasn't until today, July 6th, that I actually opened the app. I kind of put it behind me thinking it would never happen because of the experience others on this forum have had. In addition to me contacting FCA and the dealer, a representative from FCA reached out to me on this forum. I explained my situation to her and she said she would look into it. However, what she told me was what everyone else said, basically I am SOL because it was added after the build. A long winded answer to say I am not sure what happened. All I know is I opened the app and there it was !!! If I were to guess, I think it might have been because of the STAR ticket.

Rods Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7 L V8 Hemi
I just deleted the app and downloaded it again. I still do not see the remote start feature. I have the same issue @JCAP. Had dealer installed remote start and can't see it in the app. So please explain exactly what I need to do. Just go to the dealer and tell them to open a STAR ticket and that's it? Do I need to get any info from anyone prior to going to the dealer?

Last edited: