Dealer Deception on CPO 2020 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walleye123

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I live in Toledo and the dealers are not trustworthy !
I would never buy a vehicle in Toledo Ohio:(
They would con their own mother into buying a lemon.

Sad but true !

OP
OP
Dantra

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my check and it's deposited back into my account now.

I've found a truck that I believe I'll be happy with. It's at Suburban in Garden City and my sales guy is Dan. He sent me a 5 minute, hi res video of every inch. After combing over the video repeatedly, I thought I saw a flaw or wave neR a fender well.. The light caught it just right. He had a mobile guy there within the hour to massage out what I saw. The mobile guy also saw a spot in that same area that we didn't. Now this is service! I don't expect perfection.. I expect honesty and service, and Dan nailed it! I see why his sales rating is 5.0

Heading up on Saturday to snatch it up.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
It's not worth trying to get in yer licks, only to end up in the middle of Civil Court, having to get a lawyer, and prove yer stuff, especially when FCA and Dealership has monster pockets. U can comment on a FCA opinion poll, like how was their service. That is an internal thing, not put out in public. Dealership here did me wrong and I made some sincere comments on their FCA review. Next day dealership was calling me asking me to reconsider my review etc, uhhhh, no.
Yeah, when I picked up the ghost (what I call her) the dealership team was all over the FCA survey. It didn't surprise me much as in previous dealership experiences they hang their hat on the surveys. I suppose there is cash in the wings for sure. Regardless, a plug here for Sahara Dodge in Las Vegas. They did me solid, below MSRP and stuck to the signed purchase order although they could have charged me more. The purchase order is nothing more than that, not a purchase contract So I was super happy. They always kept me updated through dealer connect before FCA broke out the customer order status portal in May.

When it came time for pickup, I'm disabled due to a motorcycle crash. I flew to Vegas, and they picked me up at the airport and just treated me first class. None of that was expected and I think their genuine care for customers is why and not expected in the least. I was in and out of the dealership (with my own financing) in under three hours which also included a comprehensive review of the tech and all the bells and whistles. With a full tank of gas and def, I hit the road back to the land of high taxes, and a place where you can't buy a car with an internal combustion engine after 2035. Yup, can't wait to retire in 9 and bust out of here. Montana, here I come!

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, when I picked up the ghost (what I call her) the dealership team was all over the FCA survey. It didn't surprise me much as in previous dealership experiences they hang their hat on the surveys. I suppose there is cash in the wings for sure. Regardless, a plug here for Sahara Dodge in Las Vegas. They did me solid, below MSRP and stuck to the signed purchase order although they could have charged me more. The purchase order is nothing more than that, not a purchase contract So I was super happy. They always kept me updated through dealer connect before FCA broke out the customer order status portal in May.

When it came time for pickup, I'm disabled due to a motorcycle crash. I flew to Vegas, and they picked me up at the airport and just treated me first class. None of that was expected and I think their genuine care for customers is why and not expected in the least. I was in and out of the dealership (with my own financing) in under three hours which also included a comprehensive review of the tech and all the bells and whistles. With a full tank of gas and def, I hit the road back to the land of high taxes, and a place where you can't buy a car with an internal combustion engine after 2035. Yup, can't wait to retire in 9 and bust out of here. Montana, here I come!
Always Great when you can read something truly positive on FCA/Dealers part as unfortunately, most threads and the reason a lot of PPL post and pop back out is just to complain. GL on yer new ride. :Big Laugh:

ADDED: I am in the end pretty happy with my ride. Starts, runs, gets me back home every time. My only "complaint" is the poor AC that we ended up with the redesign. But there are hacks and work arounds, so all in all, my almost barebones MY 19 Bighorn rides a lot smoother and more dependable and looks well interior as opposed to the other Big #3 proponents.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have witnessed several crooked dealers go under over the years.... One dealer owner actually went to prison back in the 70's. I guess they'll never "get it".

70's? Hell a multi-chain dealer up here went to prison for a long time in 2011. They took his phone away finally in prison as he was still trying to do shady deals in the slammer, and moved him around the prison system to show who was in charge.

I'll drop the name because it's all public information - Denny Hecker.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
70's? Hell a multi-chain dealer up here went to prison for a long time in 2011. They took his phone away finally in prison as he was still trying to do shady deals in the slammer, and moved him around the prison system to show who was in charge.

I'll drop the name because it's all public information - Denny Hecker.
The guy I had in mind was convicted of "Forgery of State documents".

Warlock1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Glad to see it all worked out. I was a tech for dealers back in the 90s and I had to move from dealer to dealer because of garbage like this. I can't stand to work for shady dealers. Turns out, a lot of them are so I got out of the business. Fast forward to this year. I tried the dealership again as a Service Advisor and only lasted a week. I couldn't stomach the way we were writing cars up and then changing labor rates when the techs would come in under the dollar amount on the estimate.