Dealer flash and sales codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cadams155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What have you guys paid to have the dealer add sales codes for your vin and reflash?

I am looking to add the backup cam, remote start, and upgrade to 8.4 nav. Local stealership wants $110 per code added.

Seems excessive to me especially since I would be having it all at one time.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its going to depends on what the dealers shop rate is. location is different

i personally paid about $75 back in '13 when i had to do the back-up cam to it.

most will charge a minimum 1 hour of labor.

nadesico25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had multiple codes done just try to get them done all at the same time to make it with it. They can only charge you one visit but you can do as many as you want in that visit. I paid about 90 for mine.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Anyone have a complete list of available codes? I am sure I am not the only one interested in knowing what's possible. :pepper:

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd shop dealerships...seems like each one has different rates. One dealership here wanted $600 for parts + install of my camera and flash it while another only wanted $400. The labor rate is going to vary at each one.

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have a complete list of available codes? I am sure I am not the only one interested in knowing what's possible. :pepper:

Me too! Anyone out there have a list of sales codes? Also where is the rpo code list located on the truck? 2013 ram express. It was in the glovebox on my old Silverado...:puke:

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a back up cam added to mine when i bought it..Complete install was a hair under $500..
I wouldnt mind a list of codes and what they are for,might wanna add stuff to mine..

OP if you want nav,save your $$,get a window mount garmin or something..Less bs to go wrong with your truck..

Netman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sales codes

I have a list, but the PDF exceeds the allowable size (it's about 1Mb).

If a Mod could PM me, I could send it via email and it could be made a sticky.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The availible codes will depend on your trim level. The Express and Tradesman have less available codes that the higher trim levels. On most Express and Tradesman trucks you can these codes. Some of them I don't remember the sales code but someone can chime in.....Remote Start....Backup Camera.....Trailer Brake....blinker/puddle light mirrors codes are LEB and LEC the power folding sales code is LER but is not available on the Express Tradesman list you would also need new door control modules and master drivers switch for them to work. Overhead console code is CV2. Compas code is CUN. You do not need the RA4 code added to your truck in order for it to work but the RA2 RA3 and RA4 codes are availible. Adding these codes will take the settings out of your EVIC and move them to the RA2 3 or 4 radio. Sadly all of the codes that are not availible could be added but Chrysler won't allow it. Some have been able to have codes added to there Vin# by contacting W.I.C Warranty Information Center which is a daunting task to get dealers to do for you. I have tryed several times with no luck yet. Also I have added the RA4 with the full conversion and it works flawlessly. The Nav and Traffic work great as well. I highly recommend it.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the other thing i noticed also is not all dealer "know" how to add the different sales codes. at least in '13 they didnt. some dealers back then would look at me like why are you trying to add things to your build that it didnt come with.

odlaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Auburn NY dealer said it was illegal so they would not do my backup cam code.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is completely false. The backup camera is an availible option for your truck and is sold through your dealer. Find another dealer.

Jerichobrady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Am I right in assuming that with a 2012 quad slt I'm out of luck with adding options via sales code

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What have you guys paid to have the dealer add sales codes for your vin and reflash?

I am looking to add the backup cam, remote start, and upgrade to 8.4 nav. Local stealership wants $110 per code added.

Seems excessive to me especially since I would be having it all at one time.
Can I suggest buying Alphaodb, it’s $49 plus the Bluetooth reader at $80. So for $130 you can do anything your dealer can do and more. It’s very easy to use and if you add more than 1 sales code it pays for itself. There is an entire thread with step by step directions link below. So far I have added fog lights, set my turn signals to DRL’s, changed all my lighting to led and hid in the headlights (there are settings in Alphaodb so you don’t have to do all the resistors for led). I played with the splash screen on the radio and set my tire size to fix the Speedo. If I had to pay my dealer for all of these codes I would have spent nearly $1K

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-540#post-1960253

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Am I right in assuming that with a 2012 quad slt I'm out of luck with adding options via sales code
No, see my post above. Do it yourself and save $$$$. Not to mention my dealer threw a fit when I wanted fog lights activated. So I bought the Alphaodb and never looked back.

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
……...

OP if you want nav,save your $$,get a window mount garmin or something..Less bs to go wrong with your truck..

I want my nav updated in my 2014. I was driving on city roads yesterday that weren't even on the map. I don't want to use my phone nav when driving.

Can I get this done somehow without going to the dealer?

TC III

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What does the dealer need to do to "flash" the codes? I went to the dealership and all they did at the desk was add the code for Cargo Bed Lights to the computer they were sitting at. Isn't there another step?