Dealer forced oil change packages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
And then there is this....

The dealers are such jerks that don't even cooperate with each other...

On my EcoDiesel I have to get the fuel filter changed with every oil change (NY is in one of the states listed in the owner's manual as having dirty diesel fuel).

On my last (5th) oil change, no local dealer had the fuel filter. And no dealer stock within 100 miles of Syracuse NY. A NJ dealer had one, but wouldn't take the order from my dealer OR ship it to my dealer. So I called them, ordered it and shipped it to my house.

My second oil change was at a dealer in Tuscon AZ. They had all the filters.

At my third oil change (at 20,000 miles) my local dealer didn't have any of the filters. Another "local" dealer did, but would not transfer the parts to mine. Nor would they ship it to my dealer, even if I paid for it with my Visa. So I had to drive 40 miles to get the G.D. thing myself. GRRRRRRR!

It's every man or woman for themselves out there in Stelantis stealership land.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I ordered a 2016 Eco-diesel Ram, it showed up in January 2016
It was my 2nd new Ram from them
I belonged to TreadLightly at the time, so i saved a chunk of money, because i was also a VIP & i belonged to Mopar BusinessLink.
They tossed in 7 Free Synthetic Oil Changes to be used in 5 years
I had been driving enough miles to use 2 oil changes a year, then i got sick.
I lost one of those oil changes..

I have not driven many miles since February 2020