Dealer service issue. Advice NEEDED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess I do see the whole mpg thing as subjective depending on conditions, gas, etc. Just i would have bought the hemi if I knew it was this low lol. I'm curious to see if the dealer calls tomorrow and what they say. I'm going to call on Friday if I don't hear from them

malatu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L Pentastar
I guess I do see the whole mpg thing as subjective depending on conditions, gas, etc. Just i would have bought the hemi if I knew it was this low lol. I'm curious to see if the dealer calls tomorrow and what they say. I'm going to call on Friday if I don't hear from them

The advertised mpg numbers are for a standard cab truck. An truck with larger cab will get less mpg than advertised. As someone stated, there are many other variables.

I just took a 700 mile trip (350 each way). On the way to my destination, I averaged 19.5 mpg. On the return trip, I averaged 22.5 mpg. I suspect some of that difference was because the return trip is mostly down hill (Western PA to Cost of Delaware). Maybe wind had something to do with it as well.

In and around town (75% city, 25% highway) I average anywhere between 16.5 - 18.5 mpg. I also own the 3.6L with 3.55 differential.

I'm expecting these numbers to tick upwards when i start putting in summer mixture fuel.

malatu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L Pentastar
Here is the epa website where you can do side by side comparsons of different vehicles. Also, it show difference in mpg using all gasoline fuel verses gasoline with ethanol fuel.

The operative word here is "comparisons".

Compare Cars Side-by-Side

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
^You can go in to Fuelly as well and see what others with the exact same truck are getting.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPDATE ON TRUCK
They have had it since Tuesday now. I called for an update and he said they are still looking into a few things but they are having a hard time of pin-pointing what's wrong with the vehicle. They may have to call and get the engineers involved? Not sure what that means or entails but I have a strong feeling I won't be seeing my truck for a while :( but he's supposed to call later today with another update. I'm going to emphasize again on wanting a different rental in the mean time since they'll have it for a while.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPDATE #3
So apparently the engineers are getting involved (according to the voicemail they left me). They said they have some tests they would like them to run and i will have an update on monday. In the mean time hes like yeah you are more than welcome to stay in the loaner we gave you... like i have a choice lol. So stay tuned for mondays update.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FINAL UPDATE
So after they had my truck for roughly a week or so. They determined that this vibration/ hum as they described it is normal for the 3.6L engines when it is cold out. They tested a few 2017 trucks when it was cold sitting on the lot and said they heard the noise too (unfortunately it was 60* when i picked up my truck so i could not compare). So i guess my trucks normal which is nice to know. I also was very thankful for Kori's help from RAMCARE. She guided me through this and stayed on top of the dealer.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
FINAL UPDATE
So after they had my truck for roughly a week or so. They determined that this vibration/ hum as they described it is normal for the 3.6L engines when it is cold out. They tested a few 2017 trucks when it was cold sitting on the lot and said they heard the noise too (unfortunately it was 60* when i picked up my truck so i could not compare). So i guess my trucks normal which is nice to know. I also was very thankful for Kori's help from RAMCARE. She guided me through this and stayed on top of the dealer.

Kori goes above and beyond. Her being very helpful is an understatement.