Dealer service issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 cc, so, with 72k miles. It's still covered under the extended powertrain warranty.

In November, I had it in to get the exhaust manifold bolts replaced. They ended up having the truck for 3 weeks. Whoever worked on it broke studs off in the head and they had to pull the head to send to a machine shop. I got it back, and the check engine light came on that nightand it wasnt running right. I took it back the next day, they said it was a loose connector and they cleared the code. The next day, cel came back on again. Since I got it back, I've been getting horrible gas mileage and a loss of power.

Fast forward to last week. I took it back in for the CEL after various appointments were delayed because of inclement weather. After $100 diagnostic fee, As I suspected, it was Code P1004.

The dealership refused to acknowledge that I gave them the truck with no light, and its been on since I got it back. Also, they told me I needed an oil change. I asked them of they changed the oil when they had the motor apart and they said no. On the diagnostic sheet they gave me, it says replace short air intake runner valve, and possibly replace intake. The intake is covered under the warranty, the runnner is not. I'm not paying $600 and have it not fix the problem. I called mopar and they opened a claim. I have an appointment to take it back tomorrow. I was looking for some input as to what to do.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stand your ground. If your truck was running perfect before they went to fix the exhaust manifolds. Just tell them you want your truck fixed and running like it was before they worked on it. It sounds like they are jerking you around. While your truck was in for work they would of found the check engine light on then called you to see if you wanted to fix it while it was there.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Contact Ram Cares on this forum. Maybe they can help you out.
Jay

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Go to a different better dealership?

I've had the same thing happen to my 2013 - manifold bolts repair that took a month, sending heads to machine shop without success, Cel came back in a day, then they gave me 1 new head which finally fixed the issue for a year so far

OP
OP
E

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update:

Got the truck back just now. They replaced the intake manifold and the short runner actuator. Only charged me for the actuator part. The intake was covered under warranty. Drove the truck 5 minutes from the dealership, CEL came back on. I stopped at auto zone and checked the code. Same thing, P1004

Now wtf do I do?:mad:

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take it back and ask for your money back on any parts bought to fix the problem. You told them to fix it not guess and replace. Then make sure they fix it for free they touched your truck and now it runs like **** throwing codes. They are 100% responsible for it I would start getting mean about it. Make sure you talk directly to the manager and tell them your expectations and if they cant meet that then you will have another shop fix it at their expense.

OP
OP
E

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're actually lucky they closed as I left today. If I had to turn back and go in there when the light came back on I may have flew off the handle. I left a message with the secretary in service for the writer to call me back Monday.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're actually lucky they closed as I left today. If I had to turn back and go in there when the light came back on I may have flew off the handle. I left a message with the secretary in service for the writer to call me back Monday.

Lol that would make me even more mad. Sitting at home stewing on it lol

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You didn’t by chance take it to Reno dodge for work did you? They’re a bunch of incompetent idiots.

OP
OP
E

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No haha. I'm near scranton, pa. I've been researching it, I'm starting to think it may be a PCM issue. Which is covered under warranty still

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No haha. I'm near scranton, pa. I've been researching it, I'm starting to think it may be a PCM issue. Which is covered under warranty still

Updates?

TXCOMT

OP
OP
E

Enf0rc3r570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The weather got warmer, and the CEL stopped coming on. No one seems to know what is causing it. I tried two dealers and an independent service center. Everyone is baffled.

andyhollin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You didn’t by chance take it to Reno dodge for work did you? They’re a bunch of incompetent idiots.
Out of curiosity- what's your experience been with them? They were taken over by Dolan and I believe lost a bunch of service people. Hopefully they were the "incompetent idiots".

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Out of curiosity- what's your experience been with them? They were taken over by Dolan and I believe lost a bunch of service people. Hopefully they were the "incompetent idiots".

My experience has been very poor. Unless they replace all the service advisers and the dealership management I won’t go back. Next trip to the dealer will be to Carson.

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update:

Got the truck back just now. They replaced the intake manifold and the short runner actuator. Only charged me for the actuator part. The intake was covered under warranty. Drove the truck 5 minutes from the dealership, CEL came back on. I stopped at auto zone and checked the code. Same thing, P1004

Now wtf do I do?:mad:
what is that code for I would start to video the trucks dash from now on to prove about the cel. because its date and time stamped on the video. Ask to speak with the Ram area representative and explain what they did

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45