Dealer want to cheat me or not? Need help pls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I would be reasonable and half-way nice with them at first....if you tick somebody off they tend to get offensive. If that doesn't work you can start getting more direct and blunt with them.

For the people saying to get a lawyer......those people have obviously never had to hire a lawyer before because you will quickly rack up more money in paying the lawyer than what this undercoating is worth. The cost of the lawyer would probably pay to go to another shop and have rustproofing applied.

And good luck on contacting a TV station and having them go to the trouble of running a news story on this. Try it and let me know how it goes........

Actually Dealers/manufacture's end up on TV fairly often up here,news nights in Canada are usually fairly slow, meaning you can usually get some attention from the TV stations.Everybody is tired of Covid,so anything a bit differant will get attention,lol.
Like i said earlier try letting them make it right first,if they won't help him out,then it's time to get a bit nastier,a lawyer will cost him more money then it's worth,a phone call to the local news stations won't cost him anything,all the news stations will tell him is no if they aren't interested,or yes if they are,and he's out nothing but a few minutes of his time

Last edited:
OP
OP
OFw Kalli

OFw Kalli

Reaction score
Canada -Edmonton/AB, before Germany, Heidelberg
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be reasonable and half-way nice with them at first....if you tick somebody off they tend to get offensive. If that doesn't work you can start getting more direct and blunt with them.

For the people saying to get a lawyer......those people have obviously never had to hire a lawyer before because you will quickly rack up more money in paying the lawyer than what this undercoating is worth. The cost of the lawyer would probably pay to go to another shop and have rustproofing applied.

And good luck on contacting a TV station and having them go to the trouble of running a news story on this. Try it and let me know how it goes........

Here in Edmponton is a Lawyer school/university (or however its called). The students help supervised as training ppl with low income.
I am in temp. lay off, because our shop is closed for Covid-19 regulations and my regulary wedge is not the best too, carefully said. (yes, I stay in this job, but thats a compleate other topic)

....but I got at Facebook other hints.....
"Thats all a scam anyway. Not sure if you knew that.
Ask them for a refund on the protection package. Lifetime in car care is 25 years - so take the cost you paid and divide it by 25, they owe you per year minus how many years ago it was applied.
And next time remember all these protection packages are scams
protection packages labeled as lifetime typically operate on a 25yr scale. It may be different for them so you'll have to ask but 25 years is the industry common number. "

and an other person texted .......

"Call AMVIC" (= Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council )

seems I have some options
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...w.amvic.org/&usg=AOvVaw1IhDFsToGy8j1uemKFkk1F

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Here in Edmponton is a Lawyer school/university (or however its called). The students help supervised as training ppl with low income.
I am in temp. lay off, because our shop is closed for Covid-19 regulations and my regulary wedge is not the best too, carefully said. (yes, I stay in this job, but thats a compleate other topic)

....but I got at Facebook other hints.....
"Thats all a scam anyway. Not sure if you knew that.
Ask them for a refund on the protection package. Lifetime in car care is 25 years - so take the cost you paid and divide it by 25, they owe you per year minus how many years ago it was applied.
And next time remember all these protection packages are scams
protection packages labeled as lifetime typically operate on a 25yr scale. It may be different for them so you'll have to ask but 25 years is the industry common number. "

and an other person texted .......

"Call AMVIC" (= Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council )

seems I have some options

Good ole Berta Rams,lol. I seen your thread on it earlier.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Small claims court would run about 600 without a lawyer. You don't really need one for small claims court and you have the paperwork listing them as the insurer. Problem if you lose is that you can be ordered to pay the other parties costs/expenses related to the court appearance. This is the reason they don't care and will **** you around hoping you'll see the risk/reward and walk away.Also, they may issue an order, but they won't collect for you so then you may be further dicked around by them trying not to pay you so you're forced to issue liens against them using the order to try and get paid. Anybody offering lifetime rust protection in Alberta is a scam and probably has perforation somewhere in the fine print anyways to hold the claims off for a few years to cash in and then disappear only to become a new company again under a different name. You might get lucky on a slow news day if there are enough people had by the same scam. As much as it pains me to say it social media may be helpfull here trying to find others in the same situation. That dealer is a high volume dealer so that might be easier than it seems. Best you can hope is money back and court costs reimbursed. Not going to get the warranty. If your truck was rusting away to nothing and you filed before the 2yr inspection period that would be a different case and I'd be curious to see how they worded all the fine print to cover themselves, but they probably have something in there knowing that. Maybe the companies only exist for 2 years tops to account for this. I believe Alberta has the highest small claims limit in the country at 50k.

Last edited:

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does Canada have a BBB site? If it were me I would start with filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau. When you file a complaint, they send a letter on your behalf to the business. If they fail to respond or don't work out an agreement, they get a reduced BBB score. If they get enough bad reviews they lose affiliation and get an F rating. Some businesses value their A+ score and will do anything to keep it. Just another idea others have not mentioned.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
laughing - you are kidding me or this will work????

He's not kidding ... I live in Ontario and have seen many news spots where people went to the media for help and the problem was resolved ... Call tour local media and ask if they have a consumer affairs section for your type of problem ... Or, CBC Marketplace which is as a Consumer Watchdog series ... Here is their number ... 1-866-306-4636 ...