Dealers are not responsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moe S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Picked up my Ram yesterday. While I was there I thanked my salesman for simply answering my questions because so many dealers wouldn't. He told me that 90% of the inquiries they get through their website or email are false leads. He said whenever he sees a specific question, he always follows up. Most of my specific questions were met with form email responses from other dealers.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So my search for a Ram is officially over. Tried two more dealerships. One got back to me sent me pictures of a truck I didn’t like. It didn’t have the packages I wanted. The black edition is a must have. Never got a call or text back.
The second one never got back to me after I sent them the build I want. So it looks like I’m sticking with my 2016 Silverado.

The dealership in my town where I got my 2017 Rebel has like 3-4 Black Edition 1500's. Too bad you're so far away!

Good luck with your search...keep at it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
One got back to me sent me pictures of a truck I didn’t like. It didn’t have the packages I wanted. The black edition is a must have.
Come to Michigan, you'll find Black out editions are around here like cockroaches, they're everywhere.
There was 6 completely blacked out Gen5 Rams in a row at a stoplight the other day, and it wasn't a transport line to the factory holding lot.

Last edited:

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
We gave up on the 1500 and found a good deal on a 2020 2500 4x4 Cummins. 63,000 neighborhood. At least we'll never have to worry too much about what we can tow. A little over 200 miles on it and it is at 18 mpg. We hope it will get better with break in.

Lickity Split

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW. After reading this thread I'm thankful my purchase went the way it did. I'm in Canada and so are the prices I'm posting. I've been looking for a truck for about 6-7 months. Mainly because I didn't know what I wanted and was waiting for some work agreements to be in place before I bought anything. I was originally looking for a PW and ended up meeting the dealership manager. I was pretty upfront and honest with him that I'm not into or have time for negotiating. I told him if I ask for a price I don't have the patients for counter offers so if I don't like it I will move on no questions asked. I also told him I respected their pricing and I will treat each offer as "as low as they can go" and not bicker with them. I told him I do understand that this is how they make a living and I would not insult them with ultra low ball prices. He thanked me for that and told me that the dealership expects to make $1000-$1500 per vehicle to cover costs, overhead etc.

Fast forward to May. We are in lockdown, I got my work stuff sorted out, realized a PW was too much truck for me not to mention out of my price range. I narrowed it down to a handful of new/used trucks. 2 Rebel black editions, sport, and 2 BH's. Now hats off to the dealer and sales guy. The manager sent me close to a dozen price quotes based on new/used/terms/promo's. Once I determined with 0% it didn't make sense to even consider used @ 5.99% the dealer offered to drop off 4 trucks (1 truck per day) at my house for test drives. The Rebel I bought is the 2nd truck they dropped off, It was also the long weekend so the other trucks weren't coming until the following week. I already new that I like the 2nd Rebel so I asked for a solid price on that one. Its MSRP was $73k and he quoted me $64k @ 0%. I told him it was too much and to send the other trucks the following week. He came back with $62.5k. I went against my word a bit and countered with $62.5 but they throw in step bars, mud flaps, tri fold tonneau cover and brake controller. He said NO which I expected but offered dealer pricing/installed for the list. I think I got roughly 15% off all the items installed.

All and all it was a good experience. There were a couple touch and go moments where the salesmen were being salesmen. I was told that there was still "wiggle" room in all the prices I was quoted but he wasn't willing to divulge that number until I chose which truck I really wanted. I cautioned them about doing that but in the end I was pretty set on the Rebel so I only got pricing on both Rebels in question.

I really don't enjoy the smoke and mirrors put on by commercial sales. I work in the industrial field and when I call suppliers X Y and Z and ask them for a price I get exactly that. My wife had a good analogy about car sales. Its like a carnival game of follow the ball under the red cup. "We can offer you this at this price, but if you want this then the price changes with the terms." Its nauseating. I also quickly priced out a 2019 Rebel. It was being listed @ $58k but with no 0% it was more money per month!

And lastly I thought I would play Big Dawg and asked them for a cash buy out price as I thought if it worked out cheaper I could buy it on my line of credit. They really couldn't care less. It was $58k on payments and $58k cash. I got the impression they prefer payments and were doing me a favor by holding the same price for a cash deal.

I think there may have been some more pennies to grind out but I feel that I got a better than fair deal through this particular dealership. I haven't bought a new vehicle or any vehicle since 2003 and I feel like with how the markets are and with having the internet to quickly compare prices they are advertised about as low as they can go and any lower they are just not interested.

OP
OP
N

Nate1821

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
None
I started reaching out to dealerships again. I received the same, “We aren’t discounting the trucks due to supply and demand”. While searching on the Ram site I found a truck with every option I wanted at a dealership 2 hours away.

What a difference with this place. The employees are paid hourly, so there was no pressure to inflate the price. With little effort and luck because I qualified for a ton of rebates I ended up with 14k in rebates. I was happy with what they gave me for my Silverado on trade in. Super smooth process. Signed paperwork today and am the owner of this.

17A02AD4-98F9-4A74-8AB5-67813D734D29.jpeg

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Nice, hard to tell but what color is this ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk