Dealership Nightmares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Makes me wonder if they swapped the transmission because the old one failed. They did a rushed job. The fault of the dealer is selling a truck that isn't ready to be sold yet. Glad to heard they are making good on repairs. Might want to consider having dealer-B check their work before the warranty runs out.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Anyone else Find it odd the op posted this and Has never replied to Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Yep, and posted only 1 other time about going back for test drive/purchase.

Meanwhile, chirping noise happening(?), but not one post about it? Odd, I think.

Then the only other post is the start of this thread.

He finally took it in in December, but couldn't get an appointment till middle of January? Odd also, I think.

So, if everything about this post is legit, I hope he gets it repaired properly, because he really dodged a bullet by getting that 6 mo./6000 mile warranty. And there would hopefully be some kind of warranty on the repair, no?

Last edited:

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

it is common ti get a posters who have made poor choices come on forums and bash RAM or dealerships or manufacturers and never come back. Any time I see a poster with 1 or 2 posts go off I usually take it with a grain of salt.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
As much as I am distrustful of dealerships, it did seem to me like they were trying to get it taken care of.

But not a good thing to go ranting and raving on them while they've got your vehicle, IMO.

Much like complaining about your food, and sending it back. Bad idea. You never know what you're gonna get.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Sometimes a dealership will do repairs on their dime, if you are a good customer, They call it a Goodwill Repair

Dealers often decide to perform repairs in order to make a good faith attempt to satisfy a customer, keep the customer satisfied, earn the customer’s continued business and perhaps even avoid litigation.

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm waiting on my cam to fail so that I can ditch MDS and put in a real man's valvetrain. Why even let the dealer do it?

Rip them heads off and throw in some hellcat lifters, phase limiter, solenoid plugs, hard pushrods, big ol conical valve springs, and an angry cam. Add long tubes and a converter and you'll never hear, or think about the noise again. If there is still a question? 100 shot of NOS!

Go back to dealer A and do doughnuts in the parking lot till they call the cops. Be sure to jam Ludacris while white smoke rolls out of both fender wells 'cause you just made 100 more HP! What should you do? ACT A FOO!

"Get back mother******! You don't know me like that!"

I mean... that's what I would do...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I take a couple of boxes of fresh donuts with me to the dealership, when i go in for service
When everyone takes their morning break, on that day they think of me
Even the shuttle drivers & Parts Dept guys recognized me.
The Service Advisor calls me when they have exceptional deals going on

I can't complain about the Service Dept.
Even though sometimes the timing of repairs could be better
I think that is because the Los Angeles Warehouse messed up a bit

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I take a couple of boxes of fresh donuts with me to the dealership, when i go in for service
When everyone takes their morning break, on that day they think of me
Even the shuttle drivers & Parts Dept guys recognized me.
No offense, but I hope I never have to go into the dealership service dept often enough that they all recognize me.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My business requires me to put a lot of miles on my Ram
When business is going good, i might put 1,000 miles a week on the odometer. That would only be 3 trips from San Diego to a Truck Stop in Yuma, Az & return to San Diego County.
If i get a longer distance job during that same week, mileage really adds up

I change oil at 7,000 miles, so the dealership sees me often