Dealership screwed up repair is their solution ok?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2 years ago I watched a now former “ Mechanic & Service writer” deam a Head bad, when it was only a plug. The situation was shaping up to this “ New head showed up today, stop trouble shooting and change the head” truck was out of warranty and they expected the customer to eat that head & labor cost.

It’s really really scary the things that go on behind closed doors as dealerships.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
2 years ago I watched a now former “ Mechanic & Service writer” deam a Head bad, when it was only a plug. The situation was shaping up to this “ New head showed up today, stop trouble shooting and change the head” truck was out of warranty and they expected the customer to eat that head & labor cost.

It’s really really scary the things that go on behind closed doors as dealerships.

Dealerships are ruthless and will exploit any weakness they will find to make money and get rid of you sooner.

We're all lucky that most of the times we get the usual "can't reproduce the issue" because truck is under warranty and dealer can only screw around so much.

Not many people go to dealer to fix issues out of warranty, and that's why we don't hear about horror stories as often. You're pretty much at their mercy if you're out of warranty.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Dealerships are ruthless and will exploit any weakness they will find to make money and get rid of you sooner.

We're all lucky that most of the times we get the usual "can't reproduce the issue" because truck is under warranty and dealer can only screw around so much.

Not many people go to dealer to fix issues out of warranty, and that's why we don't hear about horror stories as often. You're pretty much at their mercy if you're out of warranty.

This has not been my experience.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealership I was speaking of was a ford dealership, and correct it is not the same everywhere, just hard to know who you can trust. And funny story, one of our work Buckets needed a new motor “ fords Lovely 6.4” Ford would not let use that same dealership to remove and Install the new short block. Ford ate a 450mile round trip tow bill to have the warranty work done at a different dealer. They wouldn’t tell us why, just that “ Nope they are not doing it” Mind you, this truck is on its 5th short block, and maybe Ford wanted a different dealer to do the work.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
This has not been my experience.

Nor has it been mine...

A dealership near big city is the one I'm talking about. Unlimited supply of customers who are forced to go to them due to warranty. They can screw up every single one of them, have 1 star reviews on Yelp and Google, and still be busy. Makes perfect business sense - maximize profits without any meaningful downside. I'd do the same, but I'm too honest

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s always been my opinion that car dealerships are the most crooked/ rip-off business, just behind Insurance company.
Some people don’t mind getting hosed, and keep going back