Debating - Granite crystal chrome or night edition black on black...HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer sh*t the bed and the truck they thought they had for me fell through. It was a black crew cab night edition. Now they just got a granite crystal with chrome bumpers and 20 inch chrome rims and it has me thinking of switching. They can get the black one again too if I choose that one.

Both have the Hemi. The granite has no etorque (the black one does). I like the gray interior and gray headliner of the granite one. Only thing I like better slightly on the black is the overall look from the outside with everything black and no chrome. The granite also has the wheelhouse liners and anti-slip option. Which way do I go???? I can’t decide. Can anyone give me some advice based on ownership? THANKS!

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with Murdock188, a whole bunch of blacked out Ram's running around. I am not really into the chrome bumpers, really like the whole color match. My son has the crystal granite with chrome bumpers, he is not happy but to each their own. Delmonico Red or Dark Blue would be my choices.
Get what every makes you happy but don't just settle for something that is on the lot if you want something else. Good luck.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The one thing I can piggy-back off of @bluebeast1562 is to "Not Settle" for something other than what you really want. Try to imagine looking at your truck and if you can't say "Damn I love that truck" every time you see it then it's not the one from you. I love my truck and I can say that every time I look at it. Choose wisely grasshopper...:)

OP
OP
A

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies so far. I do love everything about the granite one pretty much. I give it a 9.5 because of the chrome. Can you swap out bumpers easily or no? The black looks good, but just doesn’t do it for me really.

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies so far. I do love everything about the granite one pretty much. I give it a 9.5 because of the chrome. Can you swap out bumpers easily or no? The black looks good, but just doesn’t do it for me really.
You can get the bumpers wrapped to match the paint

OtterOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get the one that makes you smile inside every time you see it, both look awesome but you went in for the black on black on black!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The one thing I can piggy-back off of @bluebeast1562 is to "Not Settle" for something other than what you really want. Try to imagine looking at your truck and if you can't say "Damn I love that truck" every time you see it then it's not the one from you. I love my truck and I can say that every time I look at it. Choose wisely grasshopper...:)

I agree, every time I get into my rig, I love it, the feeling of the truck, the look of the truck, the only drawback is....... not keeping my right foot off the go fast peddle and then having to fill her back up. o_O

NJRetired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I wasn't happy settling on the inventory dealers had earlier this Summer so I went all in and had them order one exactly as I wanted. Was even able to order a 2021 because just missed the end of production of the '20s. If you can be patient enough to wait have the dealer order one with all the options you want and none of the ones you do not want.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've owned a lot of black vehicles throughout the years. My previous ram was silver... Because I too said I'd never buy another black truck. Well after driving the last one for 14 years I just had to buy black.

I understand it's a lot of work. But it makes me smile every time I see it. That's the only thing that matters. To the OP, make sure it moves you and makes you happy....regardless what you choose.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I like both options but it's really up to what you want or like. I'd wait and find the truck that has everything you want. I've learned over the years there will always be another truck, car, house, etc. These trucks are not inexpensive so don't settle for less.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm kinda over the blacked-out thing. Everybody has one. My current ride is a 2018 BMW 540 fully blacked-out. I have a '21 Limited on it's way to the dealership. Pearl white tri-coat - ready for a change.

But like the others have said... whatever grabs you when you look at it - that's the one for you.

AthensMarine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Love those wheels. I've owned 1 black vehicle, and I'm with you...never again.
I have the chrome and it doesn't bother me...I might go with some different wheels though. dennyRAM.JPG