Decent price for what you get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just wonder why they would not upgrade the rods and pistons off the bat instead of a bone stock long block?
I'm sure they'd gladly lighten your pocket a bit more and upgrade the bottem end for you,lol. It's a Chrysler Demon crate engine,that they've hung a Whipple on,instead of the IHC blower, is probably why it doesn't come with better rods and pistons

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure they'd gladly lighten your pocket a bit more and upgrade the bottem end for you,lol. It's a Chrysler Demon crate engine,that they've hung a Whipple on,instead of the IHC blower, is probably why it doesn't come with better rods and pistons
Makes sense. What would you say the stock Demon crate bottom end can handle?

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Makes sense. What would you say the stock Demon crate bottom end can handle?
From everything i've seen,i think they're still safe at 1000/1050 crank hp. I know guys are pushing the stock bottem ends to well over a 1,000 rwhp,but how safe or how long it'll live at those numbers will depend alot on your tuner. The transmission / diff and driveshaft become the weak links once you get over 950 rwhp. My buddies Cat puts down a little over 1100 rwhp,and he's had issues with breaking the imput shafts on the 8HP90,he just sprung for a Saterra built 90 with alot of billet internals,so we'll have to see how it holds up

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, you're saying it does not fix Hemi Tic?

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
So, you're saying it does not fix Hemi Tic?
You'd have to have rocks in your head to hang the 5.7 cast iron log manifolds off something like this.That's pretty well just common sense

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
You'd have to have rocks in your head to hang the 5.7 cast iron log manifolds off something like this.That's pretty well just common sense
"You'd have to have rocks in your head" One of my favorite sayings, lol!