Decision Coming in 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had my PW since 2019. I've historically been pretty bad about not keeping vehicles that long. The PW is the first vehicle I've had where I haven't really seriously thought about trading it for something else (with the exception of a brief period last summer when I was considering getting a 2500 Cummins instead). However, seeing the interior updates GMC made on their 2022 1500s, and expecting those updates will carry over to their 2500 in 2023, I feel like I'm going to be pretty tempted to get a 2500 AT4 with a Duramax.

I feel like the combination of the interior updates, a mid-life "crisis" where as a teen I really wanted a Duramax 2500 (I turn 40 in 2023), finishing a four-year grad school program (as a graduation present to myself) and that I use the PW as a daily driver and to tow a camper and flat-bed trailer versus using its off-road capabilities fully will all factor in making a switch.

Anyone else thinking they'll be tempted by the updates?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my first vehicle in the early 70's and I have never kept any vehicle 4 years...I doubt my 2020 power wagon makes it 2 years....I will probably go back to a Ford. If you like the GMC AT4 get one. my buddy just traded his 2020 PW for a 3500 Duramax and he loves it.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Well yeah, but @ 63, I ain't sticking around to drive something dumb. As for you, sounds like you're loaded, so go for it before they force us to buy Elon autocrashbots.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I won’t be tempted by anything soon. My 16 will be just fine for another 10?years or so.

Jdemp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do what you want…

I have a plan in place that insures the best of both worlds..

I keep my wife in a less than 100,000 mile truck so every 5 or 6 years we get something new…giving us one newish very reliable vehicle at all times.

Then I only replace my main truck when I want to…last time was in 2006 still love my 2006.

I get to drive something new and keep something cool (5.9 cummins cool)…and of course I have several old cars/trucks so that also helps…

OP
OP
ttusomeone

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Do what you want…

I have a plan in place that insures the best of both worlds..

I keep my wife in a less than 100,000 mile truck so every 5 or 6 years we get something new…giving us one newish very reliable vehicle at all times.

Then I only replace my main truck when I want to…last time was in 2006 still love my 2006.

I get to drive something new and keep something cool (5.9 cummins cool)…and of course I have several old cars/trucks so that also helps…

You bring up a good point. My wife loves the PW and it's not out of the realm of possibility that she starts driving it if I get something new. There's also an equally good chance I just keep it and get anything else.

Jdemp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You bring up a good point. My wife loves the PW and it's not out of the realm of possibility that she starts driving it if I get something new. There's also an equally good chance I just keep it and get anything else.
The power wagon is in a different category than most trucks (in my opinion)…purpose built…it will always be sought after…I have sold several vehicles in the past that I wish I kept..

If keeping it as a backup or weekend driver is possible…

But I currently have 4 4wd trucks…so…I’m biased.