Dedicated 6.4 Hemi Exhaust Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Wow! I was under my truck over the weekend & was noticing there is not much straight pipe to grab onto on after one of the converters. I bet the shops installing true duels are having difficulty welding on to that. There is MAYBE an inch's worth of pipe to slide another one over.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Has anyone done an electric cutout on the 6.4?

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have the Magnaflow 4" catback with dual tips. Sounds great, fitment was tight for sure. It actually still taps against the frame when I hit bumps and makes a noise, I've just been too lazy to fix it.

OvNEfuS.jpg
M9H5FgN.jpg
653Sbij.jpg

That looks great. Are the tips welded or clamped? I've got the blackout package and would love something like that with black tips. MF has clamp on black tips and just wondering if I'd have to cut the chrome tips off or just unclamp them.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That looks great. Are the tips welded or clamped? I've got the blackout package and would love something like that with black tips. MF has clamp on black tips and just wondering if I'd have to cut the chrome tips off or just unclamp them.

The tips are welded as part of that last section.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Guess I'd just have to cut them off. Dang. Oh well. Thanks! Too bad they don't release this same setup all done in black too.

I hear ya, I really wanted the same setup with Black ceramic coated tips.

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I hear ya, I really wanted the same setup with Black ceramic coated tips.

Interestingly enough, they make a similar kit for the CTD that has the black ceramic tips, part # 17051. It's got the same tubing diameter as #15333 but the shape is a little different so the two wouldn't even quite fit together. Maybe we should all blow up their email asking for it.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anyone know if the ARH longtubes bolt up to the stock exhaust on the 6.4?

Just figuring long tubes plus the 18 inch Magna with a dump for clearance.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anyone know if the ARH longtubes bolt up to the stock exhaust on the 6.4?

Just figuring long tubes plus the 18 inch Magna with a dump for clearance.

Yes, it will. I ran the ARH long tube with the stock exhaust for a period of time. It was almost as quiet as stock, with the exception of a little more mechanical noise coming through.

On the other had if you run them into an 18" Magnaflow with a dump it's going to get loud:)

Sheepdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What setup is best???

Sorry to sound repetitive...... I'm new to the forum, and just got my new 6.4 CC. I want to upgrade the exhaust but I guess I'm getting conservative in my older age! I like the looks of the Mufflex system but that small round magnaflow race series muffler doesn't look like its gonna do a whole lot?? For those of you that have this setup, do you find it to be loud?

I'm trying to get a setup that flows better than the big stock garbage pail muffler but only had a slight increase in sound during normal driving and use. My fear is that I will be annoyed when working the truck with heavy loads and towing if the replacement muffler is too loud?

I also thought about using the magnaflow 12909 22" oval muffler and custom piping it with the stock tailpipe resonator combo, or using the flowmaster big block 50 series HD muffler 53553 with the stock tailpipe resonator combo.

Lastly, I'm gonna have my tailpipe ceramic coated black to help hide that ugly resonator better..... I have a pearl white Laramie sport with the black badging so I figure this will look good blacked out and help the tailpipe blend in!

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks all

ptesmoke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
well i finally got my flowmaster system put on, it comes with the option of dual side exit or dual rear, i went with dual sides. I also painted the tips black with plasti-dip and some glossifier, they look tight.

will try and get some pics and video up once the weather clears up and i can wash the grime off her. pretty sure the gains arent much but throttle response low end is greatly improved. mds is noticable if listening for it but very little drone at all. cold starts sound like sex to the ears.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Magnaflow single in/single out, center/offset muffler with a resonator delete. I like the sound. It has rumble, it will definitely get loud when you get on it but when cruising you barely hear it.

$450 for the work.

I'll upload the video (it's from inside the cab) after YouTube accepts it.

PICT0003_zpstmwbndur.jpg

PICT0001_zpsm5fesonp.jpg

VIDEO

https://youtu.be/ylsnVy5UP7Q

Never really answered in the thread, is that the Magnaflow 12589 ??

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Magnaflow 4" catback with dual tips. Sounds great, fitment was tight for sure. It actually still taps against the frame when I hit bumps and makes a noise, I've just been too lazy to fix it.

OvNEfuS.jpg
M9H5FgN.jpg
653Sbij.jpg

Looks sick!! I might run a y pipe to tips to make it look like that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Anyone know for sure that putting on aftermarket exhaust does not void warranty? That's the last thing I need for them not to cover something cause I wanted to let my 6.4 roar!

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know for sure that putting on aftermarket exhaust does not void warranty? That's the last thing I need for them not to cover something cause I wanted to let my 6.4 roar!

They would have to prove that the exhaust broke what ever happened, so if the transmission went out then no... if an exhaust valve burns up or something, im sure theyll try something but doubt it would work...

If you have the life time or bumper to bumper, it may void that. PT wouldnt worry about it

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I've always heard that if you leave the factory cat. converter alone and replaced everything behind it, the warranty was fine. However I'm not a service manager.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well here we go, I placed an order today for a Magnaflow 12589 muffler. That's 14 inches; 3in inlet, 3in outlet offset. Should arrive by Wednesday. I also placed an order for K&N Cold Air Intake. Can't believe I did that, but no one else is making one, so...

The plan: Thurs or Fri I'm taking the truck to the exhaust shop and having the 12589 installed and having the resonator removed, I plan to have them dump the exhaust right over the axle to give maximum ground clearance. It is a Power Wagon after all. ;)

I will post photos this weekend when the work is done, and hopefully post a video and share prices paid for labor and muffler.

Stay tuned. ;)

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well here we go, I placed an order today for a Magnaflow 12589 muffler. That's 14 inches; 3in inlet, 3in outlet offset. Should arrive by Wednesday. I also placed an order for K&N Cold Air Intake. Can't believe I did that, but no one else is making one, so...

The plan: Thurs or Fri I'm taking the truck to the exhaust shop and having the 12589 installed and having the resonator removed, I plan to have them dump the exhaust right over the axle to give maximum ground clearance. It is a Power Wagon after all. ;)

I will post photos this weekend when the work is done, and hopefully post a video and share prices paid for labor and muffler.

Stay tuned. ;)

Post videos of the sound!!

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have REALLY been wanting to exit my exhaust out the side before the back axle. I have been told that there is no room due to the large fuel tank on the 2500's. These guys at Minotaur are doing it on the 1500's. I guess they can pull that off cause the tank is smaller? I don't want it in the body panel as they did but I still really like that look. I remember as a kid they were doing this in the late 70's on the Power Wagons.