Deezee tailgate assist drops quick for the first 1/3 travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
....and this is why our trucks have turned into weenie-mobiles. We can't even be bothered to let our tail-gates down with our own hands.
:mfr_omg:
You know , I use to enjoy these posts, even if most are lifting truck, which I don't really get being a old fart.
I lift my tailgate and let it down O.K. But I don't need some smart ass telling other what the hell to do.
I find that way more going on like this .
But to keep in the swing of things, how much does it help when lifting it?

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You know , I use to enjoy these posts, even if most are lifting truck, which I don't really get being a old fart.
I lift my tailgate and let it down O.K. But I don't need some smart ass telling other what the hell to do.
I find that way more going on like this .
But to keep in the swing of things, how much does it help when lifting it?

Yea I'm an old fart too and have been driving pick-ups with out a pansy-ass tailgate lift assist for the last 40+ years so I figure I've earned the right to voice my opinion on a forum without some smart-ass telling me not to voice my opinion.:flipthebird:

OP
OP
X

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
got the replacement from Amazon and still does the same thing.. I guess I`ll just live with it then.

streetpilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does the same thing but I'm okay with it. Seconds count when you got an armfull of a heavy toolbox

brad byron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found that bending the tailgate cable top plate just a little bit to outboard will guide the cable to outside the lift cylinder as DeeZee advises. The 2 inch long plastic clip on guide aids in that process, too, if installed at the right spot on the cable.

To those who question our manliness in using this device, let me assure you that the first time you are able to keep your tailgate from dropping onto your grandchilds head you will know that you did the right thing. If that doesn't convince you then you don't deserve to have grandchildren.
i did exactly the same thing with the top end of the cable that you did, RichH.....worked absolutely great. prior, i had tried the pinch sleeve that DeeZee provides...n/g. tried wrapping foam/tape on the cable.....n/g. removed all the foam/tape/sleeve and just did the bend deal......FIXED.

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
For Marshall in his post #21, it does not help or hinder the lifting of the tailgate. It's all "up" to you, literally!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well apparently at -45 the tailgate only drops 1/3 total with the assist. Oil is too thick to get through the valving. Lol. Be glad when it warms up.IMG_20210207_0645292.jpg