Def delete. 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadilac joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
What is all needed to do this? I keep getting the codes that’s my def needs work. So I’m thinking deleting it. Can I just get the efilive and block off plates and be fine. Or does this efi live need to be programmed to the truck?
2016 2500

OP
OP
C

Cadilac joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Could of just gotten bad def from the auto parts store.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
EFI live (or Ezlynk) is just hardware. You would need custom tuning to go with it.

Then there is "intact" tuning where everything stays in place and you disable the DEF system (DPF still works and regens) and EGR is disabled. Then there is full delete tuning where you remove the DPF on top of that and can remove everything.

OP
OP
C

Cadilac joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I’m think I just want to delete and leave my old exhaust in. Can I do this with just a programer

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m think I just want to delete and leave my old exhaust in. Can I do this with just a programer

Not "just" a programmer. You would need ezlynk or EFI live (hardware) then find a tuner that does intact tuning. You will not find a off the shelf programmer to do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio