DEF delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drebravos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L diesel
I’m in desperate need of someone in south FL to do a DEF delete on my 21 ram 1500 3.0L eco diesel.. any one on here have much luck?

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This is a “Touchy” subject. A little over a year ago there were several companies that offered the hardware and the programming to do what you want to do. Now, they’ve either stopped altogether or moved up north to Canada and won’t ship to the states.

The EPA has imposed large fines on businesses that offered this service. You might get lucky and find a straggler but I highly doubt anyone will stick their neck out here on an open forum either offering to do a delete or offering directions to someone that does.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’m in desperate need of someone in south FL to do a DEF delete on my 21 ram 1500 3.0L eco diesel.. any one on here have much luck?
You want to stay far away from that subject brother. You’ll have a fine bigger than your truck and house combined.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You want to stay far away from that subject brother. You’ll have a fine bigger than your truck and house combined.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ DITTO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
IDK. The OP's other post is about converting his truck to a 1500 Dually. Maybe he is the only person in the world to truthfully click "Yes" on the "For Off Road Only" warning on the delete websites.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Overall there have been very few reported problems with the DEF system in the EcoDiesel platform 2nd(DS) or 3rd(DT) gen engines.
There's not much out there available for the 3rd gen(DT) in the way of tuners, the EPA put the crack down on most all the major players stateside. Look to the neighbors of the north, HD Diesel supply might be able to do something for you.

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
I would not ask on any forum. First its against the law, second if someone admits to doing it they will most likely give you a visit. Best to look in the archives and find out what you need. US government has been cracking down on what many do. Many are getting busted just putting how to videos on YouTube for things like that.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why would one even consider this??? Makes no sense to me. thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I would not ask on any forum. First its against the law, second if someone admits to doing it they will most likely give you a visit.
This is much like the payload police who scream lawsuits for being overloaded, a load of male cow feces.
The chances of the EPA bothering to track down an individual for deleting a vehicle are less than none. Let's remind you changing the factory tuning on any vehicle is "breaking the law" even gas vehicles unless that tune is EPA certified. Take a look on the forum and you'll find a few thousand references to who has changed tunes on their trucks. It's not the end users the EPA will go after but the tuners making the tunes.

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would not ask on any forum. First its against the law, second if someone admits to doing it they will most likely give you a visit. Best to look in the archives and find out what you need. US government has been cracking down on what many do. Many are getting busted just putting how to videos on YouTube for things like that.
EPA does not go door to door. You can’t afford what they want. The go after businesses and shut them down.

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only if you’re a business. End users can never give them the insane “fines” they want. A small fine and a fix it ticket from local PD? Sure. But not from the EPA.

swapwap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hum. Think tunes exist where you don’t delete it but dilute the fluid significantly . Kinda accomplishes most of what your seeking. So technically you didn’t take it off or break any stupid rules

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hum. Think tunes exist where you don’t delete it but dilute the fluid significantly . Kinda accomplishes most of what your seeking. So technically you didn’t take it off or break any stupid rules
What? Dilute the DEF and spray it into the SCR? I would be interested to see how that works. The SCR needs a certain concentration of DEF to properly reduce the NOx. The chemical reaction simply won’t happen with diluted DEF and most likely plug up the SCR.