Defrost is ALWAYS RUNNING HOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slorammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This being the first winter with the ram I've noticed when the front defrost is on my in 15 laramie that the air is ridiculously HOT! When I first noticed it I gradually kept turning the temp down and it didnt start to cool down the temp until I was in the mid 60's. It occurs every time so I never use defrost unless I have ice on the windshield. So now I have it set to defrost and feet and it works as it should. Has anyone heard or experience this problem?

Last edited:
OP
OP
slorammy

slorammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol are you serious?
lol I'm dead serious. I know this sounds dumb but I've went on all winter ignoring the stupid fact that it happens but now its just annoying. At first I figured maybe its meant to be that way considering ram has it so the fan turns up automatically when you turn the defrost on but the more I think about it, no it can't be right.....smh

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck does thetsame thing, but i don't consider it a problem .

OP
OP
slorammy

slorammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck does thetsame thing, but i don't consider it a problem .
I've owned fords my whole life and my patrol truck is a ford as well. I've always used the defrost to keep it comfortable inside. Seems odd to me that it would be that way.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On mine, If you push the defrost button it will be HI temp and full fan speed (doesn't bother me), if you select defrost/floor its whatever fan speed and temp its currently at. I normally set mine to defrost/floor and HI when I turn my truck off so when I remote start in the morning its perfect when I get inside.

OP
OP
slorammy

slorammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On mine, If you push the defrost button it will be HI temp and full fan speed (doesn't bother me), if you select defrost/floor its whatever fan speed and temp its currently at. I normally set mine to defrost/floor and HI when I turn my truck off so when I remote start in the morning its perfect when I get inside.
Agreed. From what I'm gathering with the amount of information known the defrost is meant solely for "defrosting". Not to be used as a regular air flow setting....I wish it could be used as a regular air flow setting. When its cold out while driving I hate having that air on my feet or body because I always end up going back and forth between hot and cold. Just personal preference I suppose, but I've never had a vehicle that does so.

OP
OP
slorammy

slorammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First world problems...

Move somewhere colder?
Agreed. I'm in new ram owner after 3 fords but these trucks seem to have minor but yet annoying attributes. Whining in reverse, defroster, misaligned cab, flickering dash lights w/ no fix. Slowly but surely learning about the ram life and these trucks. Thanks for the responses

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
In all the years I’ve been driving I’ve never expected defrost to do anything but ... defrost! All the other settings are for everything else, on every car I’ve ever had which is probably over three dozen now. I have no issues with the Trucks climate controls.

Michael Fast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have a 2109 BigHorn, it has a level 2 package in. It's either hot or cold, no in between. My folks have a 2019 BigHorn as well, with a lvl 1 package. theirs I can adjust to how I like it, in mine I can't. every vehicle I have own, I can adjust, even my daughters 2018 Chrysler van I can adjust the defrost. yes, I do not like having vents on me during the winter as well, and yes it's a big pain in the @**. have taken it back to the dealer ship 3 times already. today being the 3rd. if this is way there trucks are going to work. then I'll go back to a Ford.