Deleted but getting Catalyst Full error message.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich_D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey all. I have a 2008 RAM 3500 Laramie that is fully deleted and running a Bullydog tuner. I have had the tuner installed for about 4 years with no issues. On a recent trip I started getting Catalyst Full Service Reqd message about every 10 minutes. The error does not show up in the DCT so I am unable to clear it.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this with a deleted truck? If so how did you remedy it?

Wondering if uninstalling and reinstalling the tuner would do the trick?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You could try reloading the tune, it's possible the tune or the ECM is corrupted.
If reloading doesn't work, good luck finding another tuner, the EPA has been hunting down diesel tuners like crazy. Guarantee any previous BullyDog tune is gone and you'll only find tunes that are EPA compliant (you'll need your DPF/EGR back on the truck) stateside.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
^ Try re-loading the tune. A lot of the older tunes did not disable the messages but ignored them for "x" number of cycles. If it's been on the truck for a while (looks like it has) it may have exceeded that number and is throwing codes now.

Bridgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Diesel
I have a 2007.5 RAM 2500 with the 6.7 Diesel with the Bully Dog tuner deleting the EGR and Cat. After 5 years I got the same message and tried updating and reloading the tune a couple times. The "Catalyst Full Service Required" message on the truck did not go away. I cleared the error with an OBD device and it stayed off a while. It came back yesterday driving in the rain. I talked to Bully Dog and they confirmed this has never been a reported issue before. They did say that the abandoned sensors must stay open so I am thinking a sensor got wet and closed the circuit causing the warning. I will try clearing the code, drying and resealing the abandoned sensors next.

Bridgeman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Diesel
Drying and resealing the abandoned sensors seemed to work but now the message is back.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I used to run Diablo tuner in my previous SRT 300.... it was a common thing to have to reload the tune every once in a while to get things to run right.

The same as having to periodically turn ones phone off completely and then turn it on 5 to 10 minutes later because it glitches.

Computerized things sometimes need this, for whatever reason.