Deleting the 2017 Echo Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebop51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 echo diesel
Seriously considering getting my Echo-Diesel deleted. Any experienced pros or cons out there?

JEFF MANN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ECODIESEL
You wil probably have to do it yourself as it's illegal, if a legitimate shop does it & gets caught it could easily destry their business. You may find someone that will do it but it probably won't be a shop. Pros: ECM /TCM gets tuned, possible decrease in fuel consumption,no more regens or DPF, no EGR or EGR cooler, cons: won't be able to trade it in without returning to stock, warranty will be void, & they might not do any recalls if they know it's deleted. I also have a 17, I'm at stage 1 with SFT and have all the parts in the garage to delete but want the EGR recall done first, after that I'll do the delete, right now it seems to want to regen at the most inopportune time.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you looking to delete the EcoDiesel, check out HD Diesel Supply out of Canada. The EPA has been going after stateside tuners like crazy, going north of the boarder may provide longer term support.
I wouldn't recommend SFT either as there's been some lack of support for multiple reported problems, all the while they'll tell the customer that they've never heard of anyone reporting the problem and blame the problem on the truck. The EPA will probably catch with SFT sooner than later and they resell tunes done by optimal remap.

JEFF MANN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ECODIESEL
SFT has been nothing but great with me, I had an issue early on & it was taken care of quickly.

OP
OP
B

Bebop51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 echo diesel
I am not sure what the SFT stands for. I found a place that will do the delete but they mentioned some possible issues but never explained. They did say no significant increase in mileage would be obtained. They said an increase of 30-40% HP would be obtained. I am mostly after better mileage and less issues with emissions equipment down the road. I am at 128,000 now, so far no issues and love the truck.

JEFF MANN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ECODIESEL
SFT = SOFAKINGTUNED. SFT also includes both stage 1 & 2 on the handheld.

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
I did some research on this recently and just went with HD Diesel Supply. GDE tune doesn't delete the EGR at all anymore but from what I can tell the HD Diesel Supply tune is basically the GDE one from before the EPA crackdown. It also requires removing the SCR, DPF and DEF.

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Also their customer service is great, they are very friendly and helpful over the phone and they are happy to answer whatever questions you may have.

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Ended up changing my mind, decided it wasn't worth risking doing something illegal and getting caught.