Delivery Delays on New Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoSooner

Reaction score
Truck has been sitting at the local rail yard since last Saturday. Estimated delivery to dealer is not for another 11 days. What gives?

Additionally, checking the dealers website and they have the truck listed as for sale under their inventory - VIN matches. Have any of y’all experienced that? Plan to reach out today on that topic.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I just got my new jeep that I ordered on May 8th. Estimated delivery was 7/25. I picked it upon 7/28. It was on the dealer lot on 7/21.

This was at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana.

Being on their lot, you would not know there was a car or truck shortage.

This dealership delivers customer service. My total time at the dealership was 2 hours and my total business oriented time was less than 30 minutes.

My point. The dealership controls when and how soon the car is delivered.

fkingpsuce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I checked my status the other day and I now have a
Just checked today because I found my window sticker online and the truck was built on 7/27 ...only took them 6 days. Shipping is still TBD, but I expect it to be at least a month from what I'm reading.
So I checked a couple days ago and I now have a shipped date too…but it’s the same as the built date, 7/27. Is it safe to assume that just means it was loaded in a rail car? Is there any way to track it closer from here? Next entry on the Ram tracking site is “delivered”.

fkingpsuce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally delivered on 9/29 after being ordered on 5/13!

Last edited:

dafuq2195

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Ordered my truck on March 8th. It has been built since aug2 and to this date the online tracking still says TBD for just shipping. Has anyone else encountered this. Ridiculous time to be waiting for a railcar as according to the dealership

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ordered my truck on March 8th. It has been built since aug2 and to this date the online tracking still says TBD for just shipping. Has anyone else encountered this. Ridiculous time to be waiting for a railcar as according to the dealership
The railroad laid off a lot of workers due to the CCP Wuhan virus, they now refuse to hire them back at same wage so they have a worker shortage, the workers they have are in no hurry to unload rail cars, my 2022 sat for 3 weeks in rail car in the Spokane rail yard waiting to be unload, that was back in March, to date they are still slow at unloading rail cars and are still short of workers...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The question is more like has anyone that ordered an HD this year not encountered this.

Having said that, I appear to be one of the lucky ones. Mine was ordered 3/30, built 8/23. It went to Shipped on 8/30, but I didn't believe it. Figured it was sitting on a railcar in Mexico. Got notified yesterday that it was at the dealer. Online tracker says it was delivered 9/27. So less than a month from Shipped to Delivered. I was expecting that to take 3 months.

Mine is pretty much fully optioned 2500 Limitied Longhorn. CTD, mega, rambox, sunroof, full safety packages, air suspension, etc.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The question is more like has anyone that ordered an HD this year not encountered this.

Having said that, I appear to be one of the lucky ones. Mine was ordered 3/30, built 8/23. It went to Shipped on 8/30, but I didn't believe it. Figured it was sitting on a railcar in Mexico. Got notified yesterday that it was at the dealer. Online tracker says it was delivered 9/27. So less than a month from Shipped to Delivered. I was expecting that to take 3 months.

Mine is pretty much fully optioned 2500 Limitied Longhorn. CTD, mega, rambox, sunroof, full safety packages, air suspension, etc.

You are lucky once mine was loaded and left MX it took 9 weeks to reach dealer, with 3 weeks siting in the rail yard waiting to get unloaded..

Pugtracker

Reaction score
The thought of going to get it has crossed my mind. But I test drove a truck at the dealership while I was there that had literally just rolled off the hauler. The truck was still in "dealer mode" and there were several things that would not work until it had been taken out of dealer mode. The a/c was one of them I remember right off the top of my head. So if I went to pick it up myself, wouldn't the truck still be in "dealer mode"?
Yes dealer mode

Dparker1963

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I call ram every day and still no delivery date or shipping date available.

My truck was completed on June 27th

This is driving me insane

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I call ram every day and still no delivery date or shipping date available.

My truck was completed on June 27th

This is driving me insane
I think you are wasting your time and effort. I doubt anyone has gotten their delivery date changed by bugging Ram about it. It just is what it is, as far as I can tell. I hardly ever called the dealer or Ram while my 2500 was on order.

Not trying put you down or minimize how hard it is to wait. But there's no sense getting worked up about something you have no control over.

DaRealSully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS
Truck has been sitting at the local rail yard since last Saturday. Estimated delivery to dealer is not for another 11 days. What gives?

Additionally, checking the dealers website and they have the truck listed as for sale under their inventory - VIN matches. Have any of y’all experienced that? Plan to reach out today on that topic.
Was helping my Son try to find a Ford he wanted.. The dealership said they were made to do that by corporate... Put VINs of vehicles ordered by customers on their lot inventory... Bait-n-switch it is...

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wonder what percentage of ordered trucks end up getting refused by the person who ordered them. I'm sure the long waits on the HD's has driven more than a few of them to just buy something that meets their needs and let the ordered truck go into dealer inventory. Or don't qualify for the loan when the truck comes in. Or don't want a loan with the current higher rates.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD

Did you order the 5th wheel prep package? Seeing a lot of those on dealer lots so I am wondering if maybe parts for that was the hold up for mine. I am running out of things to wonder about! :banghead: