Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Any news?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No, I actually called Desert Rat to complain since I am see others on the forums that ordered the identical kits after I ordered mine and they already have them installed! According to Desert Rat, those shops might have ordered from warehouses where they still had units in stock but Desert Rat orders directly from Fabtech. Go figure. :banghead:

Anyway, I am hoping it comes in this week and Desert Rat can schedule me for the installation before I go wheeling in CO on the 26th!

Crossing fingers anyway!

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update; Desert Rat called and said my Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic lift has finally arrived and I am scheduled for the installation this coming Monday!

So I get to try it out on my trip to CO soon after! Joy...finally! :pepper:

upload_2020-6-16_20-48-13.gif

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry @LarryA for late reply but max payload for my truck is listed at 1520 lbs.
Another reason for me to move up to a 5th generation truck!

Just drove my brothers 2019 Big Horn 1,600 miles to AZ, even with a lift and 35 inch MTs it drove great

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well, after almost 2 months of waiting on parts, finally have the Dawg at Desert Rat for installation of the Fabtech 3-inch Dirt Logic suspension.

Front coilovers:

Rear extended length shocks with reservoirs:

I asked Desert Rat to forego installation of the rear spacers since we don't think the system will net 3-inches of actual lift over the factory Rebel ride height but rather will get 2-inches of actual front lift. Considering there is still some noticeable rake, I didn't want to have the front nose high.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update; Desert Rat called and the front is actually sitting 1-inch higher than the rear after installation of the front coilovers so netting 2-inches over factory ride height. Therefore, we are going to install the 2.5-inch rear spacer to provide about .5-inch of rear to front rake once finished which would be perfect.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Got her back...big difference!

Guys at Desert Rat could not get over how good this system looks and rides. They loved the custom build without being over done and I am super happy with the results! I am now sitting just under 3-inches of lift over the factory Rebel ride height with a lot more clearance and wheel articulation for my off-road ventures!

Last edited:

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Looks soooooo damn good.

Initial thoughts on ride quality?

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looks soooooo damn good.

Initial thoughts on ride quality?

Thanks man...I am really liking the final look.

Ride quality is excellent so far and the system has yet to settle in. Not quite as smooth as the Falcon system but really close which is amazing given the extra lift height. I am taking it to Colorado this weekend so will be putting it through the paces for both long highway drives as well as mountain trailing so will have more to report soon. But so far, very pleased with the ride quality!

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ride quality is excellent so far and the system has yet to settle in. Not quite as smooth as the Falcon system but really close which is amazing given the extra lift height. I am taking it to Colorado this weekend so will be putting it through the paces for both long highway drives as well as mountain trailing so will have more to report soon. But so far, very pleased with the ride quality!
That's awesome to hear. Always curious to see how "box" tunes feel from the manufacturer. It's one thing to get custom valving and be happy. But for a big brand kit to not be harsh or overly stiff is great to hear. Fabtech did some homework on this kit is have to assume. I'm sure once they break in and settle a bit they will soften up even more.

I looked at it a little out of curiosity, but they don't delve into much of the details IIRC. Do you know off hand how they valved them.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's awesome to hear. Always curious to see how "box" tunes feel from the manufacturer. It's one thing to get custom valving and be happy. But for a big brand kit to not be harsh or overly stiff is great to hear. Fabtech did some homework on this kit is have to assume. I'm sure once they break in and settle a bit they will soften up even more.

I looked at it a little out of curiosity, but they don't delve into much of the details IIRC. Do you know off hand how they valved them.

I agree; the big test starts tomorrow as I head up to Durango, CO and then Ouray, CO and maybe Telluride. At the very least, am planning on four wheeling it up to the bowl behind Imogene Pass to get some Milky Way shots with my wife. After that, I might hit Ophir Pass again (at +12,000 ft. summit). Either way, we will be doing some pretty good off-roading including some light to moderate boulder sections (although I will try to avoid anything too moderate as that would still be too aggressive given my lack of any real under body or side protection) along with some small stream crossings which make it fun! The ride up to Durango is only 3 hours from my house in NM but will get some good highway ride impressions as well.

I thought I read somewhere that the Dirt Logics were more linear with the piston shape and valving but I cannot for the life of me find where I saw that (beginning to think I didn't...lol). I am going to have to call them directly as it really bothers me that I don't really know (although I am sure I can figure out based on the performance).

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I agree; the big test starts tomorrow as I head up to Durango, CO and then Ouray, CO and maybe Telluride. At the very least, am planning on four wheeling it up to the bowl behind Imogene Pass to get some Milky Way shots with my wife. After that, I might hit Ophir Pass again (at +12,000 ft. summit). Either way, we will be doing some pretty good off-roading including some light to moderate boulder sections (although I will try to avoid anything too moderate as that would still be too aggressive given my lack of any real under body or side protection) along with some small stream crossings which make it fun! The ride up to Durango is only 3 hours from my house in NM but will get some good highway ride impressions as well.

I thought I read somewhere that the Dirt Logics were more linear with the piston shape and valving but I cannot for the life of me find where I saw that (beginning to think I didn't...lol). I am going to have to call them directly as it really bothers me that I don't really know (although I am sure I can figure out based on the performance).
That sounds awesome. I'll be tuned in to see some pictures of this trip. I've never been to that region of the US so I'm always in awe of the scenery.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are linear, that seems to be a pretty popular valving profile for off the shelf parts. It's just something I was curious about mainly, ride quality is so subjective per application and owner, the truck look a great and you're happy!

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Road trip to Silverton and Ouray, CO - Day 1

As I have mentioned previously, my wife and I decided to head up to southern CO for a little reprieve from the usual grind. Being only 3-4 hour drive from our front door in Albuquerque, we typically drive up about 2-4 times a year especially since my wife has really learned to enjoy the off-road adventures I take while there.

This is only the first day of our 4 day trip so all I can really report on is how the new build performed on-road as I have not taken it off-road save for a couple side excursions on some dirt roads to take in some local sights.

For the highway trip, we started from our home which is situated right along the Rio Grande River in Albuquerque, NM at an elevation of about 5200 ft and traveled north for 3 hours to Durango, CO at 6600 ft. and then upward from there cresting right at 11,000 ft before coming down to Silverton, CO. at 8730 ft. above sea level. So the trip is all up hill mountain driving and the Ram averaged about 14.5 mpg with speeds varying between +80 mph on the open highway to 15 mph on the mountain switchbacks. I thought this was quite good for a lifted full sized truck with +34-inch tall tires (considering my similarly built Tundra was in the 11-12 mpg range during same route). Despite the aggressive MTs, the tires rode smooth with road noise being nonintrusive at all while the new Fabtech Dirt Logic suspension soaked up everything at speed.

Didn't take any photos while in Durango but managed a few while on the road between Durango and Silverton.

Trekking through the San Juan mountains between Durango and Silverton:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Last edited:

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking great!

And great pics! What are you using for pictures? Camera phone or something better?

Are you able to update the trip computer to reflect the larger tires?

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Looking great!

And great pics! What are you using for pictures? Camera phone or something better?

Are you able to update the trip computer to reflect the larger tires?

Thanks; I am using a Fuji X-T10 mirrorless camera; it was alternately sunny or very cloudy so sometimes had the wrong exposure set.

No, I have not calibrated anything for the larger tires but on my list of things to do!