Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylor513

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album.

Refreshed and all...

Having the same issue. I just want to see this truck in CO!

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Refreshed and all...

Refreshed and all...

My apologies, not sure what is going on now...I logged myself out and get the same message but can view the photos when logged in. So other members should be able to see the photos I inserted directly from my Albums. But I see that in the sidebar it states that only the Album Owner can access the photos. It is probably right in front of me, but I can't find where the permissions are located for the Albums. This is only forum I know of that you can't share photos directly into the threads from the forum's own albums or am I totally missing something?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I just checked my Album permissions, it should look like this within your profile page:

Album Permissions
Can View Media:
Members Only
Can Add Media:
Owner Only
Change Permissions

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just checked my Album permissions, it should look like this within your profile page:

@rule18; thanks...it was right in front of me but didn't notice it was an actual link since not highlighted...lol. Should work now?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
@rule18; thanks...it was right in front of me but didn't notice it was an actual link since not highlighted...lol. Should work now?
HAH.. Really great pics! Now they show up in the post w/o clicking on the links.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
HAH.. Really great pics! Now they show up in the post w/o clicking on the links.

Thanks again...I was really starting to get upset after reposting every broken link...lol. :banghead:

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
TEST

Okay, as stated previously, I have been using Photobucket to host my photos online for my various blog/forum postings without a hitch for many years. Then I recently upgraded my account and unexpectedly all of my recent photos were no longer shareable. Apparently, and somehow unbeknownst to 'moi', I had no idea that Photobucket had migrated all of my libraries to a newly launched platform. Somehow I missed the news! o_O

The good news is that the new platform is lot slicker looking and easier to use so I am really hoping all good to go now. Just posting a pic to test the new platform:

Telluride_to_Silverton_Ophir_Pass_Jine_2020_14.jpg
Looks like all is fixed but I am not going back to repost all of the images a 3rd time...lol.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Aftermarket Exhaust

The B2 Fabrication Stainless Steel Magnaflow Retrofit Exhaust System arrived in great condition; everything was wrapped up really well with no signs of damage. I really liked the metal stamping on the SS muffler itself...nice touch.

_Fabrication_Hemi_SS_Magnaflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_1.jpg

Fabrication_Hemi_SS_Magnaflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_1a.jpg

Simple tools needed are 13MM socket, 5/8-inch socket, 11/16-wrench or socket, hand ratchet with at least a 6-inch extender, hack saw or reciprocating saw, torque wrench, muffler strap removal tool, and silicon sealant. The muffler is shipped with (2) bolts and corresponding washers and nuts, and a sticker. Hard to imagine it would take 3-4 hours to install based on the packaging but I thought maybe it was because of the sticker.

Fabrication_Hemi_SS_Magnaflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_1c.jpg

Crawling under the truck once again, I am always amazed on how massive the Ram's factory muffler really is (and heavy too).

naflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Factory_Muffler_Removal_1.jpg

aflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Factory_Muffler_Removal_1a.jpg

Anyway, the first thing you have to do is make a 1-1/4" inch mark behind the factory muffler outlet. Considering the factory welding is not perfectly symmetrical, there is some room for error but the new muffler outlet uses an expanded tube that gets clamped down so you don't need to be exact. Still, it is always nerve wracking to cut into brand new factory parts. I was not about to spend 30 mins or more trying to cut through the exhaust tubing by hand with a hack saw, so I used a reciprocating saw and got the factory exhaust tubing cut in under a minute.

naflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Factory_Muffler_Removal_2.jpg

naflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Factory_Muffler_Removal_3.jpg

The next step is to remove the muffler from the front pipe flange (2 bolts); I did so but then loosely fitted back with one bolt to keep the muffler from sliding off the front strap. The front (black) rubber strap is very easy to slip off the hanger but the two rear (red) rubber straps are pretty frustrating to do without a strap removal tool (I didn't have one). I sprayed the hangers with WD-40 and basically had to compress and twist the straps until I was able to slide off the hanger. I am sure there more effective ways to do this without using the specialty tool. You need to remove the steel gasket from the front flange (simple pressure tabs per photo below) as the gasket needs to be reused on the B2 Fab muffler. Also, don't forget to disconnect the grounding strap (hanging in photo below).

aflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Factory_Muffler_Removal_3a.jpg

aflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Factory_Muffler_Removal_3b.jpg

naflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Factory_Muffler_Removal_4.jpg

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Aftermarket Exhaust (continued)

To install the new B2 Fab Magnaflow muffler, you need to install the factory gasket on the inlet pipe and slide the tube clamp over the expanded outlet pipe. B2 recommends that first bolt the system to the front flange but I found that it made it too difficult in getting the resonator pipe inserted in the new muffler's outlet tubing. So instead, I attached the muffler strap on the front (since it easily slips right on), inserted the resonator pipe into the muffler's outlet tube, attached the two red muffler straps on the rear, then bolted the front flange with the supplied nuts, washers, and bolts. After securing the front, I then tightened the rear tube clamp securing the resonator pipe inside the new muffler outlet tube. B2 Fab also recommends using a silicone sealant inside the outlet tube before tightening, but I didn't have any so I just made sure the tube was completely inserted and very tight.

on_Hemi_SS_Magnaflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Installed_1.jpg

emi_SS_Magnaflow_Retro_Fit_Exhaust_Installed_2_(2).jpg

After checking that everything cleared and nothing would rattle, and reconnecting the grounding strap, I checked the alignment of the factory tailpipes and all looks great!

Initial Impressions

Upon start up, you are greeted with a lower, slightly more purposeful sound than the factory setup. It doesn't bellow as much like a complete cat-back system. Instead, it has a more subtle but richer tone to it. At idle and very low rpms, you notice the richer tones but it is not loud at all. Upon WOT however, you do notice the deeper, more powerful sounds but without any real intrusion into the cab and no drone at all at higher rpms; it just sounds really good without being obnoxious in any way. Best way to put it is the exhaust sounds purposeful but mature, not anywhere near "let's turn heads" levels. For those that might want more than what I am describing, another option is to pair this system with the B2 Fab resonator delete system for a more throatier, louder experience (at expense of some drone into the cab).

I will post a video soon.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious your reaction to the TRX. Pricing makes it a non starter for me - however I would hope that some of the tech makes it down to the Rebel. I like the additional trailer functionality, and the 4 aux switches integrated into the dash would be handy.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Curious your reaction to the TRX. Pricing makes it a non starter for me - however I would hope that some of the tech makes it down to the Rebel. I like the additional trailer functionality, and the 4 aux switches integrated into the dash would be handy.

The things that stick out right away on the initial launch of the new TRX (probably have more to add as I learn more about it) -

The Great:

· great styling (inside and out)

· supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine at 702 horsepower and 650 lb. ft. torque

· dual-air intake through the front grille and hood scoop

· 6-inch increased track width (at cost of significantly wider body per below)

· longer, forged-aluminum front upper and lower control arms allow for over 13 inches of wheel travel in the front

· locking solid Dana 60 rear axle with 5-link setup

· 13 inches of rear wheel travel

· 325/65R18 All-Terrain 35-inch tires

· 17-inch bead-lock capable wheels

· launch control

· console shifter

· paddle shifters

· on-road drive modes including Auto, Sport, Tow and Snow

· off-road drive modes including Rock, and Mud and Sand, and Baja (25/75 torque split)

· 2.5-inch remote-reservoir Bilstein Black Hawk E2 shocks

· 18-inches of ground clearance

· full underbody skid-plating

· available digital rear-view mirror (perfect if you have a topper like mine)

· available forward-facing camera (should already be available with the Rebel)

· for such a beast, comfort and luxury still there!

Not-so Great:

· +$70K MSRP (forget that price, will be much higher at the dealerships) to over $90K fully optioned

· 2-inch lift over the standard 1500 (would have preferred a bit more for trail duty)

· 30.2 degrees, approach angle, 21.9 degrees break-over angle, 23.5 degrees departure angle (actually not bad considering this is a long, full-sized truck but really no better than the Raptor) but tad more height would have helped greatly (per comment above)

· supercharged 6.2-liter V8 engine at 702 horsepower and 650 lb. ft. torque (real world mileage is going to be horrible - this is not going to be great multi-purpose/daily driver compared to other Rams or even the Raptor)

· 0-to-60 at 4.5 seconds, while definitely super quick for a full-sized rig, it is actually only about .4 sec faster than the current Raptor (expected more for +700 HP)

· 8-inches wider body over standard Ram (so much for tight trails and normal sized garages; this is even wider than the Raptor)

Verdict:

Absolutely love this beast and would probably drive it daily anyway…lol…but not going to rush out and buy it until 1) dealership pricing gets reasonable, and 2) I enlarge my garage/shop door (which adds to price of owning it)!

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yakima Roof Rack System

Since I had ordered my ARE Z-2 Series topper with the Yakima roof rails, I decided to install my Yakima HD Cross-bar system that I retained from my 2018 Titan PRO 4X build. Of course, the first step was to dry fit everything before I chopped up the expensive cross-bars. I measured everything over and over again to make sure it would clear my shop's garage door. Talk about close...glad I didn't choose a tire with another 1/2-inches of height!

Yakima_Roof_Rack_System_9b(1).jpg

Yakima_Roof_Rack_System_9a(1).jpg
The cross-bars were 72-inches wide as I had them installed across the retractable tonneau cover on the Titan but were much too wide for placing on the roof of the topper. I really like clean lines, so I decided that I didn't want to extend past the curve of the topper roof ; I used a reciprocating saw to reduce each of the bars down to 54-inches wide including the end caps. This necessitated drilling new cap holes for mounting back on the bar but everything turned out as expected.

Yakima_Roof_Rack_System_9(1).jpg

Here you can see how the bars are fitted with the curve of the topper roof for a clean but functional look:
Yakima_Roof_Rack_System_5b(1).jpg

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So was taking a photo of the CV axle angles after everything has settle a bit and was wondering if anyone thought this is/will be an issue with the stabilizer bar linkage (see below)?

Front_Stabilizer_Bar_Link_Driver_Side.jpg