Detailing: How to Debadge/Favorite Method

Debadging Favorite Meathod

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8CF2051B-118D-45E0-8897-DD672C1C719E.jpeg FA951094-09AA-4019-9768-8D98B719BB82.jpeg Yeah, I tried goo gone, goof off, 2 different adhesive removers from Turtle Wax and 3M. None of it worked. Had to go with the eraser wheel. Looks nice and clean now though...

a little advice to anybody considering doing this, more heat and less sawing motion with the fishing line. I messed my clear coat up in a couple soots with the fishing line.

Rick_Hunts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 241247 View attachment 241248 Yeah, I tried goo gone, goof off, 2 different adhesive removers from Turtle Wax and 3M. None of it worked. Had to go with the eraser wheel. Looks nice and clean now though...

a little advice to anybody considering doing this, more heat and less sawing motion with the fishing line. I messed my clear coat up in a couple soots with the fishing line.

So if I am reading this correctly later models (5th) are going to run into significantly more work ??

I am replacing my rear rams head on my 2019 Bighorn with black as well as the hood inserts with black, everything else I plan to remove

Matt Franklin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not sure it’s too much extra work, but I couldn’t find anything short of a 3M eraser wheel that would take that stuff off. $50+/-. I still need to polish that area to get the very faint shadow out, but that’s going to be true with any method, and the older the truck is, the worse your shadow will be.

Rick_Hunts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 241247 View attachment 241248 Yeah, I tried goo gone, goof off, 2 different adhesive removers from Turtle Wax and 3M. None of it worked. Had to go with the eraser wheel. Looks nice and clean now though...

That looks like glue. I am curious as to what dodge is doing in the later 4th gens. Mine was just 3m tape behind mine.

Rick_Hunts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here is a video I found for 5th Gen folks, he lists some good tools in the comments. Hope to do this soon

Rick_Hunts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m not sure it’s too much extra work, but I couldn’t find anything short of a 3M eraser wheel that would take that stuff off. $50+/-. I still need to polish that area to get the very faint shadow out, but that’s going to be true with any method, and the older the truck is, the worse your shadow will be.

Just took my Ram emblems off, I used elbow grease and Goo Gone... came out great

Yogee2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Magic eraser fishing line and heat gun on 4th gen for me logo goo gone for wat was left looks awesome getting waxed done this weekend when I’m off work

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use floss. It wont mess up the paint.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Debadged with dental floss and a heat gun. Had a guy ask me the other day what kind of truck I had, since there is nothing but little rams on the wheels.

Old Guy Blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate the way badges trash up the look of the vehicle.

I hate how they rip the wool out of my Adams Merino Wool mitt.

I hate how you can't clean the paint they cover/block.

I hate how no matter how well you blow dry..they still hold enough water to streak the paint later.

Ram doesn't pay me to advertise their name.

Polishing around badging is a PITA.
That "chrome thing" on the tailgate is hideous!

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Its Brilliant black pearl.
Yes, what I meant was the paint around being faded, not the paint under the badges. It is not garage kept.
Very light water sand with 2000 plus grit water sand paper (VERY VERY LIGHTLY ) with a flat block then polish with a fine compound then wax should work BUT VERY VERY LIGHT WATER SAND WITH LOTS OF CAUTION or else you will sand through the paint Very quickly same as compounding esp around edges !
i was a automotive painter and i don't know how many times i have had to fix those issues

Good Luck!!

CaliRamDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate the way badges trash up the look of the vehicle.

I hate how they rip the wool out of my Adams Merino Wool mitt.

I hate how you can't clean the paint they cover/block.

I hate how no matter how well you blow dry..they still hold enough water to streak the paint later.

Ram doesn't pay me to advertise their name.

Polishing around badging is a PITA.
Thank you sir! You have listed all of my gripes and convinced me to do this to my 17.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I had a friend with late model Chevy pickup that he had debadged and painted white. His neighbor came out one day and asked "What kind of truck is that?" My friend is quick on his feet. "Its an internet truck." he replied. The neighbor was in amazement. "Really, where can I get one?" "Only one way, Google it."

This was some 15 years ago when the internet was new to some people and seemed full of promise.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fishing line and adhesive remover.