Detailing my truck.

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by EazyE02, Jun 6, 2019.

1. madtrucker2016

madtrucker2016 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    just got a 6 inch one from harbor freight works good for the money

2. Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter S.W.A.T. Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    HemiFever 5.7
    The harbor freight ones were just on sale for $50 I drove to one and they were out of stock so I figured after I replaced the backing plate and ordered up my pads id be at the giots price range. after going back and forth with my self over small money I just started researching what I could get at a good deal and landed on the shine master

madtrucker2016 likes this.
  3. Maligator

Maligator Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hem 5.7
    I clean my glass thoroughly with qyeon glass, then use ceriglass to remove any watersports and other crud glass cleaner doesn't get off. Then I follow up with glass sealant, Griot's is what I've been using with decent results.

Ceriglass Glass Polish 500 ml. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FX6ZKVA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HHLjDb20D2S3A

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. Todd C

Todd C Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

Your pressure washer won't damage your paint as long is you are using the correct tip (25deg green tip is certainly safe) and you stay 12-18 in away from the paint. The foam cannons are nice and I use one if I'm feeling motivated. I also use a foam gun (just attached to the hose) if not so motivated to pull the pressure washer out. If you haven't used one don't think that is used as a substitute for actually washing your truck. After a thorough rinsing I use the foam cannon/gun to to coat the car then using a standard 2 bucket method I will wash. The foam really just adds more lubrication to assist with lifting and carrying dirt particles away from the paint without you grinding them into your paint. The foam alone won't just clean your car.

Pull Ya likes this.