Diablo trinity ex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DS has seemed to work out the bugs. Mine has been rock solid, just make sure it is updated before use, and don't use a Mac with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Most of the issues I've seen around the Diablo's are related to the '14 8 speeds. I myself had a lot of failed flashes before I learned to ignore their timers for key on/key off. Instead of letting it count down to 3 I wait a full 30 seconds between steps and haven't had any issues since. That being said I would go HP tuners if I was to do it all over again simply for the flexibility and power of that platform over Diablo and their locked down tuning.

That all being said for basic stuff it's fine, but the canned tunes leave a lot to be desired and the canned 8 speed tunes are complete trash IMO. The only way to go is a custom ECM and TCM tune.

OP
OP
M

Mauro bugarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of the issues I've seen around the Diablo's are related to the '14 8 speeds. I myself had a lot of failed flashes before I learned to ignore their timers for key on/key off. Instead of letting it count down to 3 I wait a full 30 seconds between steps and haven't had any issues since. That being said I would go HP tuners if I was to do it all over again simply for the flexibility and power of that platform over Diablo and their locked down tuning.

That all being said for basic stuff it's fine, but the canned tunes leave a lot to be desired and the canned 8 speed tunes are complete trash IMO. The only way to go is a custom ECM and TCM tune.
I have a 17” 8 speed and that’s what I’m debating hp tuners or Diablo I liked the Diablo because it has the monitor and the hp seemed more complicated and I’m new to this I wanted to get a custom tune by Jay Greene so I probably wouldn’t use the canned tunes it comes with

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 17” 8 speed and that’s what I’m debating hp tuners or Diablo I liked the Diablo because it has the monitor and the hp seemed more complicated and I’m new to this I wanted to get a custom tune by Jay Greene so I probably wouldn’t use the canned tunes it comes with
Monitor is awesome, I didn't like how HP tuners nickels and dimes you for buying credits.

OP
OP
M

Mauro bugarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Monitor is awesome, I didn't like how HP tuners nickels and dimes you for buying credits.

Yes that’s why I was leaning towards Diablo more you have to pay extra for the credits but I also haven’t heard bad things from them unlike Diablo’s

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Greene is the man when it comes to Hemi tuning. I'm running his tunes on both of mine via I3's. I got them when they kept having those fire sales on the i3+PCM combo. Were it not for that I would've had him tune both via HP. The trinity is nice if you get the gauge pod setup for it or use it in combination with a proclip. I'm just not a fan of things hanging off my windshield with suction cup mounts since it often attracts unwanted attention from those less than savory folks around San Antonio that will smash out a window if they think it's something they can sell.

OP
OP
M

Mauro bugarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Greene is the man when it comes to Hemi tuning. I'm running his tunes on both of mine via I3's. I got them when they kept having those fire sales on the i3+PCM combo. Were it not for that I would've had him tune both via HP. The trinity is nice if you get the gauge pod setup for it or use it in combination with a proclip. I'm just not a fan of things hanging off my windshield with suction cup mounts since it often attracts unwanted attention from those less than savory folks around San Antonio that will smash out a window if they think it's something they can sell.
Different question im going to add catless American racing headers, CAI I don’t want to drive it without tuning it is it possible to get the tune on the Diablo first and have it there ready for when I add the mods ?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Different question im going to add catless American racing headers, CAI I don’t want to drive it without tuning it is it possible to get the tune on the Diablo first and have it there ready for when I add the mods ?

So what you'll need to do is have the unlocked PCM/Diablo ready before you install the headers. Flash it to one of the canned tunes, send Jay what he needs (Backup/Last Flashed off the Diablo), and then he'll send you a baseline tune to flash after the headers go on. Once the headers are installed you flash that tune, datalog it with the parameters Jay wants, send him the datalog, flash his revision tune, and repeat until he says the logs look good.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just got done adding LTH and I let Jay know beforehand and he sent me the tune and I installed it when I picked up the truck.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mauro bugarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what you'll need to do is have the unlocked PCM/Diablo ready before you install the headers. Flash it to one of the canned tunes, send Jay what he needs (Backup/Last Flashed off the Diablo), and then he'll send you a baseline tune to flash after the headers go on. Once the headers are installed you flash that tune, datalog it with the parameters Jay wants, send him the datalog, flash his revision tune, and repeat until he says the logs look good.
Oh okay got it thanks for the help I appreciate it a lot

OP
OP
M

Mauro bugarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got done adding LTH and I let Jay know beforehand and he sent me the tune and I installed it when I picked up the truck.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Great I’m doing this I want to avoid seeing that check engine light on as much as possible

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 17 Ram 5.7L 8 speed. I have the Diablo Trinity T2 and a Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune. I was skeptical after reading all the negative reviews on the Diablo as well, however I haven’t had any issues. I also taught about the HP Tuner but didn’t want to get into paying for credits and all that stuff

OP
OP
M

Mauro bugarin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 17 Ram 5.7L 8 speed. I have the Diablo Trinity T2 and a Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune. I was skeptical after reading all the negative reviews on the Diablo as well, however I haven’t had any issues. I also taught about the HP Tuner but didn’t want to get into paying for credits and all that stuff
I hope I have the same experience really looking forward for the Diablo now

bluestreakhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just received my Diablo Trinity T2 Ex yesterday, I immediately updated it and attempted to program my truck. It told me there were some features that weren't compatible and that I needed to do an update. I hooked it back up to the computer and did another update, after that it worked with no problem. It takes about 30 minutes to install the initial tune, I haven't tried changing to another one yet but the "diablo tune" is pretty decent out of the box. The tuner is a little slow switching between screens but not that bad.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just received my Diablo Trinity T2 Ex yesterday, I immediately updated it and attempted to program my truck. It told me there were some features that weren't compatible and that I needed to do an update. I hooked it back up to the computer and did another update, after that it worked with no problem. It takes about 30 minutes to install the initial tune, I haven't tried changing to another one yet but the "diablo tune" is pretty decent out of the box. The tuner is a little slow switching between screens but not that bad.
Go with a Jay Greene PCM/TCM Tune and it’s night and day over the canned Diablo tune.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Yep, gonna need to prepare for new tires though on a 3.92 rear end.