Diablosport P2 platinum heads up RANT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
received my diablosport P2 7320 platinum yesterday at 1pm and by 3:30pm it was already on its way back to the Amazon seller

out of the box this chunk of crap did not work, multiple calls and web updates to diablosport later it finally connected to my truck

I went in to the canned standard tunes that come with the tuner as the main reason I wanted this particular model was according to diablosports web page when you click " features tab " https://www.diablosport.com/shop/predator-2-platinum-for-dodge-gas-trucks-amp-suvs.html on this model and a phone call i made to them a couple weeks back was the ability to adjust the electric fan on / off settings...

when I got to the tunes and clicked modify tune before loading there was no option to adjust the fan.. tried all of the canned tunes and none of them have the option listed..

another call back to diablosport tech and this guy proceeds to tell me OH you cant adjust the fan in the tunes unless you buy custom tunes from someone... I said BUT that's not what I was told on the phone 2 weeks ago when I was doing my research AND IT DOESNT SAY THAT ON YOUR WEB PAGE.. his response was OH WELL that's what it takes if you want to set your fans.. I said OH WELL you need to state that on your web page then and educate your employees .

to top it off the techs I spoke with each time i called seemed to have an attitude when the thing didn't want to work out of the box and required the multiple updates ( had to connect it to my pc 5 times ) they had to put in their system just to get it to function for me ..

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I forgot to add, when you leave a review that they don't like it is removed.. I left a review on the device stating the issues that I had and that even though it states adjust fan in the features it is not possible unless you purchase a custom tune from one of the CMR vendors...

this review was promptly removed.. I guess the truth hurts

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what a hassle. and removing reviews is bs. i was pissed last year when i bought a hearing aid for the first time for my damaged left ear. 1500 bucks. a lot of money for me to lay out and was not happy with its performance and tried to leave an honest critique of the place i got it from. good and bad but no exaggerations, no anger. and google wouldn't let me post it. i've left a ton of other reviews for things with no issue but it would not let me leave a critical review. i will never buy from there again. lots of other fish in the pond, i say.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The tuners aren’t really worth the money when using just the canned tunes. If you would have bought from hemifever you would have also got a custom tune allowing you to get the most from your truck, including fan control, for less then $100 more. It’s well worth the extra money.

Too bad you had the issues you did with the support people. They’ve always been great the couple times I’ve had to contact them.

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The tuners aren’t really worth the money when using just the canned tunes. If you would have bought from hemifever you would have also got a custom tune allowing you to get the most from your truck, including fan control, for less then $100 more. It’s well worth the extra money.

Too bad you had the issues you did with the support people. They’ve always been great the couple times I’ve had to contact them.

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas

I never had any issues with their canned tunes and mostly just use the economy tune which give me just enough of a bump yet allows the use of the 87 octane.. so the canned economy with being able to adjust the fan was all I really needed...

the issues out of the box are what really turned me off, last two diablosport tuners I had worked right from the get go with nothing else needing to be done.. this requiring the calls and the updates from their end before it would even function isn't right in my book and yes I was taken aback by their attitude on the phone with me.

I have used hemifever in the past with his SCT tuners but MULTIPLE messages starting in mid June through his web page and through his facebook group went unanswered ... that didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling i was looking for

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Interesting. All of the Diablosport programmers I've used on my vehicles, plus installed on others, had the ability to modify the canned tune fan temp On & Off settings once loaded on the vehicle's PCM.

I assume you had already loaded a tune to the PCM before you tried to modify it?

My experience with Hemifever has always been timely. He did some custom tuning for me on my 2014 6.4L HEMI truck and did a great job.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
This new t2 tuner seems to be an issue I've read.

The t1 was great and I used it with a lot of success.

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interesting. All of the Diablosport programmers I've used on my vehicles, plus installed on others, had the ability to modify the canned tune fan temp On & Off settings once loaded on the vehicle's PCM.

I assume you had already loaded a tune to the PCM before you tried to modify it?

My experience with Hemifever has always been timely. He did some custom tuning for me on my 2014 6.4L HEMI truck and did a great job.

evidently not anymore.. and that was my issue with them .. it clearly states under features adjust fan temps and says nothing about needing a custom tune to do it and I was taken by surprise when their tech said one was needed in order to adjust the fan temps..

I told him THAT particular fact should be stated on their web page for the device and that their employees need to be told that fact also
as I said I called them to verify a couple weeks before purchasing it and they said YES you can adjust the fan temps..

again, I reached out to hemifever via their web page contact form and via facebook and received no response from sean or anyone for that matter..

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I’ve got the trinity t2 just for monitoring, and I had a similar experience.

Right out of the box it could not communicate with any vehicle. Multiple updates later it worked, then dealt with random freezing, weird data showing up randomly. I was in contact with tech support for probably 6 months back and forth. ****** response time would usually take multiple emails before I’d get a response back from my tech support person. Never responded with emails when they said they would by certain dates.

Finally I just said screw it and dealt with some of the issues. Decided to leave a review to reflect my issues, didn’t even mention the tech support issues. Immediately got an email from someone wanting to help. Couple more updates, still having issues, and they removed my review.

The device has great potential, if they could get the issues figured out.

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve got the trinity t2 just for monitoring, and I had a similar experience.

Right out of the box it could not communicate with any vehicle. Multiple updates later it worked, then dealt with random freezing, weird data showing up randomly. I was in contact with tech support for probably 6 months back and forth. ****** response time would usually take multiple emails before I’d get a response back from my tech support person. Never responded with emails when they said they would by certain dates.

Finally I just said screw it and dealt with some of the issues. Decided to leave a review to reflect my issues, didn’t even mention the tech support issues. Immediately got an email from someone wanting to help. Couple more updates, still having issues, and they removed my review.

The device has great potential, if they could get the issues figured out.

the removing of reviews is something a fly by night company does.. let people be honest and fix the issues you have not hide the reviews to lead people on in to believing your products are that great...

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had purchased the Diablo I3 tuner from Hemifever and could not get it to communicate with the truck. The tuner would constantly freeze and restart itself, and after being frustrated with it and not wanting to lock up my pcm, I just returned it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What did Hemifever say when you called and ask for his assistance in setting it up?
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So did you load one of the canned tunes before you tried to modify the tune. Just curious.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Purchased unlocked pcm and T2 from diablo long time ago for my 18 5.7 still cant get it to work it gos all the way to 99% then freezes..

They wont return it without the pcm which i have already unlocked with hptuners.. love the diablo pcm and there bypass cable its way better and easier to install than hpt bypass.

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What did Hemifever say when you called and ask for his assistance in setting it up?
Jay

I didn't. Probably should have, but after reading horror stories on the tuners not working and freezing up mid-tune, I decided I just didn't want to chance it leaving me SOL. Hemifever was great though in letting me return it for a refund, no questions asked.

OP
OP
Ramsportrocks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So did you load one of the canned tunes before you tried to modify the tune. Just curious.

if you mean me NO I did not.. the directions in the package clearly stated to modify the tunes parameters before uploading to the vehicle which was when I called back AGAIN and questioned why in the menu I could do everything listed on their features web page BUT adjust the fan temps.

this was when they informed me that NO you can only adjust the fan temps if you have a custom set of tunes loaded and that a custom tune was the only way to unlock that feature..

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's odd that they would say that but then again, they may have changed the process.

Try plugging it into your truck, download the tune of your choice, then go back to Modify and see if the menu changes.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
This reassures me that I made the right decision in waiting until my warranty expires before getting a tuner.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think there are a lot more people that have had success with their custom tunes than there are people that have had problems. Communication with your tuner is the key--the good ones will answer all your questions and walk you through the process if your having problems and help you solve any problems you may have. I've had a Hemifever custom tune on all 3 of the 4th Gen trucks I've had and have never had a problem one. Thanks Sean and Matt!!!!!
Jay

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Same here, Jay. I've had three of my personal vehicles tuned using Diablosport products and never had a problem. Started with canned tunes and then had a dyno tune done to the 300 SRT8, and custom tunes by email for my 2007 MegaCan and my 2014 6.4L Big Horn.

On the 300 and MegaCan I adjusted the fan settings after I had loaded the canned tune. I've also help folks load canned and custom tunes, then tweaked on the tunes, on their vehicles.

It just seems odd that all those different models of Diablosport products I've used didn't have the fan settings tweaked until a canned tune was loaded.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
A lot of these issues are related to impatience and not updating to the latest firmware properly from a PC.

Regarding modifying a tune, it needs to be uploaded canned or custom first before you can change parameters as long as your TCM accepts revision.(On the Intune 3 at least)