Diamond Plate Bed Rail Caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMILLAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Gas/Electric
I am looking to put Diamond Plate bed rail caps on my 5th gen 6' 4" bed. DeeZee makes them for the 4th gen 5-lug 1500DS but not for the 1500DT (according to their web site). A customer service rep at BAM automotive told me that they will fit. My Question: Has anybody found diamond plate covers for the 5th gen 6-lug 1500ST or can you tell me if the 4th gen and 5th gen rail caps are the same? Dealership says they are different part #'s but they MIGHT (?) fit. Any info is greatly appreciated. Drive safe and watch out for motorcycles. Thanks

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
4th gen(DS) and 5th gen(DT) beds are totally different. They are very similar in dimension, but the sheet metal isn't even close. I would seriously doubt the bed rails from a 4th gen will fit a 5th gen. At least not without some modification. Before you ask, I have no idea what those modifications might be LOL. It might be worth it to you to buy 4th gen bed rails and see what you might need to do to get them to work. I wouldn't imagine they are very expensive.

OP
OP
R

RAMILLAC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Gas/Electric
I tend to agree with you. I think (total speculation on my part) that the rep who told me the same rail caps fit the DS and the DT was looking to pad his commission and doesn't care if the customer has to go through the hassle and the time lost dealing with a return shipment and second purchase somewhere else. Then again it could have been an honest mistake. I plan on going to a used lot and parking the two trucks side by side and compare. A tape measure will help too. Thanks for your input.