Did anybody else have the 8-speed rotary shift recall cause more problems after it was completed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Laram1e longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
2014 Ram 1500 5.7l Hemi automatic 4 x 4 crew cab Laramie Longhorn edition.
I took the truck up to the dealer for the recall on the DX8 speed rotary shifter. They also reprogrammed the PCM ,TCM, and the RFH module with new software. After I picked it up it started shifting itself from drive into neutral a lot an hour and a half from the dealer's. I had to pull over and put it back into gear. I had an ice fishing trip out of town planned and took the truck straight from the lot to the lake while on the ice it started not letting me put it into four high ( it has the automatic four-wheel drive with a push button controls) the dash then flash that the four-wheel drive would be operating at reduced performance that the transfer case was getting hot. I hopped out and felt the transfer case and the exterior at least was cold the charge but it was also -45* F with the wind chill that week. On the way back off of the ice it's would not even go in Four low anymore so I called the dealer and they are going to try and get it in right away since this never occurred before they reprogrammed everything. Otherwise they are booked up for 3 months. I am just wondering if anybody else out there is experience this or know someone who has and how it turned out?

OP
OP
L

Laram1e longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
If you download the "my Dodge" app or "my Mopar" app you put in your VIN number and if you're not the original owner you'll have to send a picture of the title to the email address for customer service listed on there but you'll actually be able to see all the service records of that truck and all the recalls you can. You can use the app to keep track of all the service and work you have done right there on that app.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
If you download the "my Dodge" app or "my Mopar" app you put in your VIN number and if you're not the original owner you'll have to send a picture of the title to the email address for customer service listed on there but you'll actually be able to see all the service records of that truck and all the recalls you can. You can use the app to keep track of all the service and work you have done right there on that app.
Yeah I have that app and only recall on my truck is the tailgate safety latch but I am not going to take it in for that, I already checked it myself and the latch is fine ... I don't trust the dealership with my truck any more after they said they replaced the filler tube and then I come to find out they never did the work on it and said they did. Thanks though for the information ...