Did I kill it? Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RevJonG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:hmm::hmm:

I have a 2016 Dodge ram Quad cab.
I spent my day yesterday installing the trailer brake module and switch which went very well. I also decided that I want the OEM backup camera. Everything went wonderful until it came to pulling the wires through the stupid rubber dam into the cab. Once I accomplished that almost impossible feat for a fat old guy like me I continued on with the directions.

The very last step said to depopulate three wires from the large connector in the back of the radio and insert the three wires from the harness I pulled through the Firewall. Unfortunately the useless picture provided by Mopar seem to imply the top three wires as you are looking at the plug from the inside. What they meant was the top three wires if you're looking at the plug from the outside. Needless to say when I put it all back together my radio did not come on. Once I recognize my mistake I immediately corrected it now all my radio does is sit at a screen that says uconnect.

If somebody could supply me with the colors of the three wires in the order in which they go in the connector I would see if that is the possible error though I am 99% sure I put them back in the right place. From the outside I have a gray a dark blue and a lighter blue with a tracer.

I have removed the wires from the backup camera harness and the radio still does not boot so I'm sure that that is not the problem.

I have disconnected the battery because I was told that that would help reset the radio but it still only comes to the screen that says uconnect and goes no further and does not respond to any buttons. It is RA2 radio

Is it dead? Is there some way to force it back to life? Please help

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
:hmm::hmm:

I have a 2016 Dodge ram Quad cab.
I spent my day yesterday installing the trailer brake module and switch which went very well. I also decided that I want the OEM backup camera. Everything went wonderful until it came to pulling the wires through the stupid rubber dam into the cab. Once I accomplished that almost impossible feat for a fat old guy like me I continued on with the directions.

The very last step said to depopulate three wires from the large connector in the back of the radio and insert the three wires from the harness I pulled through the Firewall. Unfortunately the useless picture provided by Mopar seem to imply the top three wires as you are looking at the plug from the inside. What they meant was the top three wires if you're looking at the plug from the outside. Needless to say when I put it all back together my radio did not come on. Once I recognize my mistake I immediately corrected it now all my radio does is sit at a screen that says uconnect.

If somebody could supply me with the colors of the three wires in the order in which they go in the connector I would see if that is the possible error though I am 99% sure I put them back in the right place. From the outside I have a gray a dark blue and a lighter blue with a tracer.

I have removed the wires from the backup camera harness and the radio still does not boot so I'm sure that that is not the problem.

I have disconnected the battery because I was told that that would help reset the radio but it still only comes to the screen that says uconnect and goes no further and does not respond to any buttons. It is RA2 radio

Is it dead? Is there some way to force it back to life? Please help

Here you go https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6lqcXwe0pUGZ3EwTGUyMmN5X0k

OP
OP
R

RevJonG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the help... Fixed it.

I downloaded the firmware and after two tries it "took" and the radio works. Still no backup camera... Time to recheck all the connections, when it gets warm enough to work outside

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
if you never had a backup camera I think you need to have it programmed at the dealer to come on the radio

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
^^^ what he said
You need to take it to the dealer to have the back up camera and the integrated trailer brake module(if you installed the OEM ITBM) sales codes added to the truck.