Did Ram Miss a huge opportunity on the TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get it. Big dollars for a loaded up, really capable truck. The raptor did it, now the TRX.

However, wouldn’t the volume seller be to offer a TRX trim on an actual work truck. You know so guys who actually plan to use it as intended can? Let’s be real. 1% of these sold will see off road use beyond a dirt road.

Would make more sense to offer the suspension / body on an SLT or Tradesman. Then offer the engine as an additional upgrade. They would sell a ton of these. People using them as intended dont want all the extras. It’s just more to break.

Thoughts? GO!

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You don't need a single thing of the TRX for work. Not. One. Thing.

The TRX is a toy and is equipped as such.

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A lot is good, more is better, and over-the-top too much is just about right...

Yes, keep the TRX for those who can afford all-out, but RAM should offer some of the bits and pieces as trims or options on the everyday trucks. That’s called up-selling.

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
There should be a lower trim level TRX with a naturally aspirated 6.4 @ around 60k.
I can do you one better. You want a low optioned off-road truck with a 6.4? Get a 2500 Tradesman with the Power Wagon Package. Mid-$40’s and has all the suspension goodies from the higher-end Power Wagon, including the winch. It’s mechanically identical to the Power Wagon, just without the luxury features.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I can do you one better. You want a low optioned off-road truck with a 6.4? Get a 2500 Tradesman with the Power Wagon Package. Mid-$40’s and has all the suspension goodies from the higher-end Power Wagon, including the winch. It’s mechanically identical to the Power Wagon, just without the luxury features.
No, that's my point. That truck already exists.
I want all the luxury features, the suspension and body panels of the TRX, I just don't want the hellcat engine/blower.
If I could buy a TRX with a NA 6.4 in it I would and I would put my 426 in it, take the 6.4 and put it in my old truck and sell it.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're going to tear it apart anyway, just buy what they already sell.

"I wish they'd put this engine in from the factory so I can remove it and install mine".

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i wish you could buy the truck with no engine and put your own old crappy power stroke in and leak oil puddles all over town

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I do not think they missed it. I am almost certain that it will rear its head when RAM goes for the 5 peat of truck of the year.

Well, the street version of the TRX may be the 4 peat...the cheaper NA engine may be the 4 peat.

Also. The wagoneer twins are about to debut with a 450+ up turbo straight six.

That may find its Way in there to embarrass the raptor at its on game.

Lots on thr burner at Ma Mopar.

Still have a redeye and a demon setup laying in wait to see if ford does bring a v8 to the raptor.

Mopower