Did u change your tires ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where are you from? Have you driven both of these in the snow?

New York. Yes I have had both in the snow. Only light snow (5”) with the Nittos though. The Duratrac’s handled amazingly in 12”+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Denis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Mine came with Bridgestone Duelers which I decided to keep. Pretty good tire for WA rainy winter.

hsousa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Took the SRA’s off my truck about a month into ownership. Duratracs do well in deep snow, not so good in city slush.

Dunno why more people just don’t buy dedicated snow tires, no AT tire will ever compare.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ohio winters here ... 35 x 12.50’s on fancy wheels come off ... Factory chromes with Cooper 275/65R20 A/TW’s are amazing in the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Mine came with the 20" Duelers too but I'm swapping them out for Duratracs as soon as I have the cash!
My ram is basically my winter driver,and I know from past experience that the Duratracs are great in the snow.
If I had the money I'd get them mounted on a their own rims and have them studded so I could swap my stock tires back on for summer but I still need to buy a topper so I'll make due for now.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Ended up going with 33" Kanati TrailHogs.
Similar pattern to a Duratrac but 10 ply tires.
So far I like em...

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Tire.compounds vary by application. Usually a mud and rock crawling tire are compounded with rubber designed to keep the from chipping apart in rocks. This makes them a harder rubber compound that limits their traction in ice. A true winter tire is compounded with rubber designed to stay.soft as temps go down. Winter tires also have more sipes. Sipes are bad for a mud tire as they collect rocks and can lead to chipping. The harder rubber compound of a mud tire also is affected by cold temperatures more. A mud tire will work in deep snow but it is the worst tire.you can get for driving in ice.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First Ram changed to Terra Grappler G2's within a week, new Ram Ridge Grapplers on it within 2 weeks. Stock tires are garbage on a 4x4. I would even put them on my wifes car if they fit.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had bulges the size of a roll of quarters on two of my SRA’s at 8,000 miles. I have never had this happen before so I decided to change all 4 out for BFG TKO’s since I spend a lot of time running around on the ranch. They have been great so far and handle the wet roads with no problems. I have only been on one road this year where there was a little ice and they handled it fine!!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had bulges the size of a roll of quarters on two of my SRA’s at 8,000 miles. I have never had this happen before so I decided to change all 4 out for BFG TKO’s since I spend a lot of time running around on the ranch. They have been great so far and handle the wet roads with no problems. I have only been on one road this year where there was a little ice and they handled it fine!!

I hope you mean KO2’s and not TKO’s ... Lol ... But I guess you could say BFG Technically Knocked it Out of the park with the KO2’s ...

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope you mean KO2’s and not TKO’s ... Lol ... But I guess you could say BFG Technically Knocked it Out of the park with the KO2’s ...

Yes I did mean KO2's. Not feeling well this morning. Off to the doctor later to get some meds in my system. I also had a set of KO2's on my 2012 Ram 4x4 and they served me well. I will continue to use them until they give me a reason to not do so.

R

Rogues Gambit

Curious, how much of an improvement are K02's compared to the stock Goodyear Duratec Wranglers?