Did your lowering springs have to settle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigMike71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed what is supposed to be a 1/2 drop on my '15 2wd Hemi crew cab over the last two days. I am only getting about half an inch in the front and 1 inch in the back. Springs are 1 inch lowering from Crown Suspension front and 2 inch Maxtrac in the rear. I also installed new stock size Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners.

Will is come down more after it settles? If so how long should I give it? Any ideas?

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Springs usually do need to settle a little. Also, if you changed rubber isolators that can have an effect on height...

I've been trying to get a hold of Crown... email, Facebook messenger and I called on Monday afternoon... no answer...

I'm looking at a 3" drop front spring from them but I wanted to know the real specs before I order.. I want to compare to Belltech 2" springs. Belltech has a different spec for four door trucks vs. regular cab trucks....

Spring rate #
Number of coils?
Free standing height?

Please keep this thread updated … How did you measure the drop? Wheel arch to ground or wheel are to wheel center?

OP
OP
BigMike71

BigMike71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After a 900 plus mile round trip I still get the same measurements of .5 inch in front and 1 inch in rear measured from ground to top of fender/wheel well.

These are after driving approx 500 or so miles. The truck is dirty but should give an idea.

0519201746.jpg

0519201745a.jpg

0519201745.jpg

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I feel that they should have come down to the 1" mark by now. This worries me as I wanted the 3" drop front springs from them and I have a feeling that they aren't going to give me a real 3" drop, especially since I have a RCSB and not a CC truck... and they still haven't answered any form of contact... fb messenger / email / or answered a phone call...

OP
OP
BigMike71

BigMike71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is an old post where a guy with a crew cab stated 1.25 inch drop with the Crown inch springs. When I emailed to inquire about mine getting only a half inch they were of little help. I actually felt blown off.

The rear springs came from Maxtrac.

They bothe have a good ride with the bilstein shocks.

Both companies said the springs have to settle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye