Didn’t get a rambox on my 2021 1500 but love the concept, is there an alternative?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westernexplorer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Etorque V8
Just bought a ram and love everything about it but I struggled to find any near me that had a rambox and multifunction tailgate so i bought one with the tailgate as that seemed more useful day to day. But now I’m kicking myself thinking I should’ve waited for one that has both. I suppose I could buy a toolbox for the back but are there any alternative after market items that would function similar to a rambox? For me the benefit for a rambox is the ability to put fishing poles in there, cooler of drinks, throw random tools in, etc.

really hoping there’s some decent after market accessories and I don’t keep kicking myself for getting one without the rambox.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Buy a hard tonneau cover that locks when your doors lock

Then you can build a box to fit in the bed

Or with the locking tonneau cover
You can use something like 3" plastic pipe & run it front to back, at a level above the inner fender.
Perfect for fishing poles
Surveyors carry their measuring rods in those tubes

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just bought a ram and love everything about it but I struggled to find any near me that had a rambox and multifunction tailgate so i bought one with the tailgate as that seemed more useful day to day. But now I’m kicking myself thinking I should’ve waited for one that has both. I suppose I could buy a toolbox for the back but are there any alternative after market items that would function similar to a rambox? For me the benefit for a rambox is the ability to put fishing poles in there, cooler of drinks, throw random tools in, etc.

really hoping there’s some decent after market accessories and I don’t keep kicking myself for getting one without the rambox.
There are some aftermarket storage solutions for your truck bed. There are storage boxes which swing in to the area behind the wheel wells, you can use various types of totes. But nothing will be like the rambox. The convenience of them is unmatched. And in addition to the storage boxes, if you opt for the BUG you will also get the bed divider. Invaluable for how I use my truck. Sorry to add to your regret but you should have kept looking or ordered a 2022 model with both the rambox and MFT. Best combination I've ever used.